Mini Obby Killbrick

Does anybody know how I can script a “kill brick” that doesn’t actually kill, but teleports you back to the checkpoint? I want to make a mini-obby for my homestore (I’ve seen some other homestores have that and got inspired by it). I don’t want to reset the player, just have them teleport back to the checkpoint. I’ve tried to look it up on youtube like one way teleporters, but obviously I want to have more than one “kill brick” and I cant seem to find out how to have multiple teleporters[kill bricks] go to one spot[checkpoint/spawn].

4 Likes
local Part = workspace.PartThatNeedsToBeTouched
--^ you could put a script inside a part and just use local Part = script.Parent

Part.Touched:Connect(
    function(Hit)
        if Hit.Parent:FindFirstChild("Humanoid") then
            Hit.Parent.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame = workspace.PartThatYouTeleportTo.CFrame
        end
    end)

1 Like

Is there only going to be one checkpoint that they’ll get teleported to? If so, you can try something like this (a Script in ServerScriptService):

local checkpoint = workspace:WaitForChild("Checkpoint")
local killbricks = workspace:WaitForChild("Killbricks") -- folder with killbricks

local function onTouch(hit)
    if hit.Parent:FindFirstChild("Humanoid") and hit.Parent.Humanoid.Health > 0 then
        hit.Parent:MoveTo(checkpoint.Position + Vector3.new(0, 2, 0))
    end
end

for _, killbrick in pairs(killbricks:GetChildren()) do
    if killbrick:IsA("BasePart") then
        killbrick.Touched:Connect(onTouch)
    end
end
1 Like

yes, i will try this, thank you

I edited it because I forgot that I renamed one of the variables. Try that version. Old variable name was obbySpawn but I changed it to checkpoint. If it errors that’s why :sweat_smile:.

do i put the folder of killbricks in replicated storage? I’ve done that before when scripting things but this time when i put them in the folder they all disappeared. do you know why?

Put the folder under workspace and put the killbricks inside of that folder, like so:

1 Like

ah, thats how I had them. i’m not sure where I got the idea of putting them in replicated storage though. i’ll try the script now and see if it works

1 Like

okay, so, i tried the script, and this is what popped up in the output:

Is the checkpoint a model or a part? The way I made it, I assumed it was a Part.

i can change it to a part, i had made it into a model because I had text on it and grouped it but i can ungroup it real quick

i fixed it and it worked! thank you so much for your help.

1 Like