Minimap Creation Technique and Plugin

I’m not sure exactly what you’re asking by this, but it’s been a while since I made the tool so I’ll add a short little description of how it works:

• This is a Studio tool designed to position the camera in such a way that it portrays a top-down orthographic view of your map, utilizing the C++ rendering in studio for quick preview results.
  • It’s designed for mid-size maps, but may not work so well on larger maps because Roblox culls distant objects
  • It will position your camera so that you can use the Emulator and Screenshot functions in Roblox Studio in order to capture the frame rendered by the orthographic camera
  • You can then input that image into your own scripted minimap system.
  • It does not include the scripts for the minimap itself, this is just a good way to get the actual image of the minimap.

It’s not designed for in-game use, so it’s neither client-side nor server-side. No part of this plugin runs in the game, it all runs in studio.

Hopefully this helps :slight_smile:

OH, I understand now. Thank you.

I can’t get back to the normal view where I can fly normally in 3D space !have only 2 D view now

Unfortunately, the default camera can’t point straight down,

Click on the top of the cube and it will position your cam above

@Crxzycar

3 Likes

ok it is going now 3d

when entering the place the camera is set to “Scriptable” ! You have to give your camera a name so that this does not happen