M̶i̶n̶i̶m̶a̶p̶ ̶C̶r̶e̶a̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶[̶R̶o̶R̶e̶n̶d̶e̶r̶]̶ DEPRECATED

Well in that case I have no idea.

That message means everything is working the way it should be.

2 Likes

Problem ended up being the pixel size being too large, for anyone else experiencing this.

1 Like

Shouldn’t it be StudsPerPixel rather than PixelsPerStud?

2 Likes

Yes… Whoops :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I keep getting Line 1 failing

1 Like

Thats actually line -1 failing, Its been quite a few months since I looked at it so I don’t remember off the top of my head why it starts at -1 but it does not effect your image and should continue rendering the rest of the image.

2 Likes

Just rendered my Battle Royale map with the plugin. Thank you so much for the plugin! <3

4 Likes

Mind posting?

Its always really cool how they turn out/

2 Likes

I overwrote the original image but here’s a lightly edited version.

17 Likes

I have added some more functionality to this plugin as you can find here: Widgeon X RoRender Minimap Creator - Roblox

Added drag handles, super sampling, water render toggle, performance upgrades and more:

47 Likes

Hey guys :slight_smile:
I know this is quite a bump, but I have a question:

Even running it in Play Solo lags it all so I fear the worst when I’d do 6 clients (because my PC has 6 cores).
I’d really like to make a minimap for my game Legend of the Eldritch, but I don’t want to fry my PC doing so. Is there an alternative approach that I could do, other than drawing it myself?
The map I have is supposed to be very large too.

1 Like

Pixel wise how big is the map you are trying make?

3 Likes

I think it showed 8.3k and one of 3.2k or something.
I know that’s a ton, but I’m not sure how I can do it most efficiently in all honesty :sweat_smile:

1 Like

So I got two potential solutions for you.

1. Subdivide the map into 4 pieces (or more) individually render them and stitch those images together in photoshop

2. Manually throttle your render by running less clients. Your crashes is pretty obviously a memory issue. What I suspect is happening your clients are sending data to the server slightly than the server can offload that data to the external program, leading to a backlog of pixel data that eventually crashes studio.

Let me know if you have any more questions/ If this works.

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice!! Will make sure to check that out. :slight_smile:
Mind if I add you on Discord, perhaps?

Sure its reteach#0022

Obligatory thirty characters

2 Likes

Since Roblox Studio is now 64-bit does this make any changes to this system? Or has any optimisations been made to make use of this feature?

2 Likes

64-bit studio has negligible impact on performance per client and really only affects memory. To increase render performance you can run more clients and/or overclock your computer as its CPU based. No optimizations can really be made as far as i’m aware in regard to changing the plugin.

You can also decrease render times by shortening the “RayLength” in the plugin widget window to only what you need.

2 Likes

Hey, I want to change the timeout but will this code inside of the server script will just do?

if (tick()-Time) > 10 then --TIMEOUT OF 10 SECONDS (IF THE SERVER DOESNT RECIEVE THE LINE DATA WITHIN 10 SECONDS IT WILL REASSSIGN THE LINE(S))
			print("LINE FAIL ".. LastLineAssigned)
			LastLineAssigned = ((-(LinesPerAssign-1))-(LinesPerAssign))+(A*LinesPerAssign) -- RESET ASSIGN LINE TO FAIL LINE
			Time = tick()
		end
2 Likes

Yep just change value there and you’ll be good.

3 Likes