M̶i̶n̶i̶m̶a̶p̶ ̶C̶r̶e̶a̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶[̶R̶o̶R̶e̶n̶d̶e̶r̶]̶ DEPRECATED

No the Y height should at minimum one stud above the tallest point in the map

The ray length should be 1 stud lower than the lowest point on the map or
RayLength = (HighestPoint + 1) - (LowestPoint -1)

1 Like

Would it be possible to ignore transparent parts?

1 Like

The most performative thing would be to just make a copy of the map and just run a loop through all your base parts and remove transparent ones.

3 Likes

My seen not be working, how do i fix it? https://gyazo.com/ecb32b314964ab45fdb05c4da23d54be

1 Like

Those error messages are not related to RoRender.

1 Like

Hello my game is so big it takes so long to render it, would turning the pixels per stud work better, with my current map the x Pixels are 37000 or so, here are some screenshots, and problems i have as Ro render is very confusing.

Problems

1. Sometimes i get a completely black png
  2. Take so long to render a large map
  3. Nothing in the plugin makes sense

Screenshots

This one is weird

This one is weird too
hhhhhh

A close up of rocks?
f

Very close up water…
ddddd

Black image…
fff

And a working render of a part of my map, i don’t know how this one worked.

2 Likes

Are you using the newer version of the plugin widgeon made. It has dragger handles that let you easily “aim” the rendering to within the box.

As for taking too long, that has more to do with how many cores your cpu has, however you can speed up the process by making ray length as short as possible.

1 Like

37,000x37,000 is too large and will create a black image, try creating smaller Cube sections and stitching them together. As for the other issues try using the newer one: https://twitter.com/widgeonrblx/status/1098119169063641088?lang=en

The red cubes you see in your image are because those parts may be invisible but red, or textured but base color red.

4 Likes

Please improve the resizing. The handles are really glitchy and hard to use

4 Likes

I have problem, that image 5000x5000 renders, but doesnt export

2 Likes

That doesn’t seem to fix it,

plane

My mesh collision fidelity is set to default.

Could OP help with this issue?

1 Like

Is that suppose to be a normal looking plane?

1 Like

It has textures

But when exporting the image it has no textures

1 Like

RoRender is not designed to handle textures in it’s current form, in the meantime I recommend using photoshop to give the plane textures.

2 Likes

That wouldn’t… ahh… hmm

Okay kinda a issue since most of the map is using textures :slightly_smiling_face: Thanks tho.

1 Like

NOTE: Java JDK 11+ removed the JavaFX module from it’s library, and it will have to be installed separately for the .jar to run.

The link in the original post should work as it appears to still be JDK 8, but if you are running later versions, you’ll be in for a bit of a headache, installing the JavaFX module and appending it your environment variables and then recompiling it in your IDE of choice.

I loosely followed this guide by JavaFX to get the .jar working for me:

Your Java JDK directory should be a System Variable named JAVA_HOME, and the the JavaFX SDK should have it’s subdirectory /lib/ as a System Variable named PATH_TO_FX.

I was having difficulty getting it to run in CMD with javac -jar RoRender.jar, and opted to repackage it in IntelliJ, which they outline in the link above.

Also, if you need to increase your memory allocation for large renders, run the .jar in CMD using:
java -Xms%ALLOCATION_IN_MB%m -jar RoRender.jar

Replace %ALLOCATION_IN_MB% with your amount of unused RAM, i.e. -Xms6144m for 6GB.

6 Likes

Hey that looks a lot like str- Oh, it is strucid! It looks 10 times cooler with this plugin! Great job!

2 Likes

You’ll have to be more specific about what you need help with. Follow the guide on the original post to get is all set up and configured

1 Like

ok so I did what u said. And I have the jdk but the jar file is not opening at all

1 Like

Cant get the jar file to run, something to do with javaFX? I have no idea how to use java, followed how to install the plugin, java all installed but when i try to run the .jar it does nothing.

2 Likes