Minimum attachment scale should be smaller than 0.44x

As a Roblox developer, it is impossible to work with attachments and constraints on small models.

I am trying to rig this character with constraints so it can be ragdolled. I cannot see a single thing I am doing because the attachment minimum scale is prevented from going lower than some arbitrary 0.44x.

This character was imported using Roblox’s character importer plugin, most of these attachments are created automatically, and many of them will be used for ragdoll purposes. The attachments that aren’t created automatically are used for accessories. I cannot reduce the number of attachments on the head of this character.

Sometimes I need to move the automatically created attachments, and it is very very hard to do this accurately.

Attachment scale should be able to go much smaller than this, or attachments should automatically resize according to camera position.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I would be able to see what I’m doing when working at this scale.

27 Likes

I ran into this issue yesterday. I can’t tell you how bad it is to have to move your camera in and out and then, having those green circles take up a bunch of space while also having the scale size down. It was outright painful.

If we could get this request along with making the green spheres smaller when you zoom in automatically that would save a lot of headache.

2 Likes

In case you want a workaround in the meantime, you could try resizing the model so that the attachments are more separated. When you resize a model with attachments, the attachments automatically update their relative position.

Resizing rigged character models is dangerous business, especially if they contain welds or bones in my experience. It often breaks things and if I am doing this to work on the model and then scale it back down, the risk of losing that work because this broke everything else is very high.

This is no acceptable workaround.

5 Likes

Smaller sizes for these little spheres are very important as their current sizes make it insanely difficult to see what you are doing when you are working with relatively small models. Even this little frog model I imported to animate - which is about 2 studs wide in all 3 axes - is difficult to animate because of the visual clutter.

Especially with the announcement of smaller minimum sizes for parts, I can see builders wanting to model and animate creatures that are even smaller than this frog. Think of creatures such as butterflies, mice or dragonflies. I wouldn’t want to know how frustrating it would become to animate those models!

5 Likes

This bug was fixed in a recent release: Constraints Scale cannot be lower than 0.44x - #6 by PeZsmistic

3 Likes