Mirror-like Rotation

1. What do you want to achieve? Mirror the Viewport dummy in a mirror-like style.

2. What is the issue? It looks like if you were looking at someone, instead of looking at a mirror. I essentially want to invert the Viewport dummy’s rotation.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I have tried adding an offset value, with Vector3 using
    -math.pi on the Y axis, then multiplying the value with the character’s HRP value. I also looked around on the Dev Forum.

Currently, I have it set up to clone the dummy to the player’s CFrame.

RS.Stepped:Connect(function()
    local currentCharacter = plr.Character
	if currentCharacter and currentCharacter:FindFirstChild("HumanoidRootPart") and dummy:FindFirstChild("HumanoidRootPart") then
        dummy.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame = currentCharacter.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame
    end
end)

Is there a math formula I could use to achieve this effect, or is there another way?

1 Like

Reverse the size of the Viewport frame. This effectively swaps the position of everything. You may need to fix the position, but other than that it should work.

I reversed the size to the negatives and repositioned it. Did not change anything.

Interesting. I’m afraid I can not help you any further due to this being out of my knowledge level.