Missing Information/Unknown Age Bug

I had a bunch of accounts with this issue.

unknown-66

It pops up on every page I go to that has the prompt on it. The only page I’m aware that doesn’t have it is the account settings page.

Side Effects:

• You have to fill out the popup every time it comes up.
  • The account assumes the age is under 13, causing other issues.

What causes the bug:

• Accounts didn’t have birthdays way back in the day, I think they were added around 2009, causing the age to be unknown. The birthday isn’t set to anything, as shown here.

• The default age for accounts when the age is unknown is Under 13/<13, hence why when guests were a thing, guest accounts were under 13.

• Under 13 accounts cannot change their birthday, as the POST request to the API fails due to the assumed account age.

How to fix it:

• Make a third account age that is named “Unknown” or “?” or something like that, which allows the birthday to be changed.

• Make the default age for Unknown Age accounts 13+.

I would also like to mention that logging into an account with this issue on an Xbox makes it think the account age is 13+, but still the birthday is missing. I then put a birthday that was over 13 on the Missing Information popup, and then the glitch was fixed, and the age is known on the account then.

However, this should still be fixed, as it is on a lot of accounts.

Currently the IDs of my accounts that have this bug:

I will not be fixing that account with the Xbox method, as this post is to get the bug fixed completely.

UPDATE 11/7/2022:
All that changed was the prompt now asks you to enter your password after you put in a birthdate. It still has the same issues as before.

3 Likes

We’ve filled a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and we will update you when we have further information.

2 Likes

Yes, make sure to get them to read this post.

Tell them to read my steps on how it can be fixed too.

While the other solution could help, the above should not be done, users should still always be assumed to be under 13 if an actual age could not be fetched because under 13s should never see a 13+ filter, etc, there could be other reasons for an account failing to load it’s birthday other than just being a really old account.

1 Like

The reason the birthday fails to load is because there is no set birthday.

True that should not be done, but I’d go for the Unknown age solution for sure.

This bug has been reported a few times in the past and will likely never be patched for one sole reason: The only* people who would experience this bug are password guessers.

* “only” in the sense that the miniscule amount of people who genuinely didn’t log into their account for that long of a time would most likely end up creating a new account anyway, as who would reasonably want to use their old account from that long ago which statistically has next to nothing on it

Additionally, it’s such a niche bug too. To get this bug you’d need to have made an account before birthdays were created, and not login to it/not set a birthday for it before whenever birthdays under 13 were made unchangable (no idea when that was but I’d assume a year or so after)

There was at one point some API abuse you could do to change the birthday after that anyway, but that was patched because again the only* people who were doing that were intending to steal old accounts.

I can confirm this bug is real though, I do have an alt account from when I was very little that I never used and it also has an unset birthday which treats it like it’s under 13. (I need to see if I can dig it up again.)

As a comedic side note: It’s funny how those accounts themselves are turning 13 years old by now, and are still treated as if the account creator is under 13.

2 Likes

Yes.

In my opinion, one method to fix it is if the account is over 13 years old itself, make the assumed age 13+.

Otherwise, my post says enough.

I think this bug will eventually be fixed.

I also have an account with the bug, it is pictured.

1 Like

Nothing has changed about this. Anything?

So far, all that changed was the prompt now asks you to enter your password after you put in a birthdate. It still has the same issues as before.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon

Never mind, nothing changed. This should seriously be fixed.

I’m experiencing this bug on all my accounts from when I was little. (theres a lot of accounts i made) for example the account that I would really like to not have this bug is made on 7/18/2008 which is 14 years old at this point and I would really appreciate if a Roblox moderator could give me a reason on why the prompt doesn’t even work or why an account that is over 13 years old is assumed to be under 13. I am writing this on my alt account because my main account is also assumed to be under 13 even though it was made on 2/9/2017 and the website thinks that I was 5 when I made it. Roblox needs to provide more resources for accounts with the wrong age or even a broken age. I forgot to mention I have contacted support multiple times on my main account and they simply responded that they couldn’t change my age

Exactly. They added ID verification for a reason. Why don’t they allow you to use ID verification to make your main account overage?

I also explained why this bug exists.

I have created a related feature request earlier and strongly agree with you that one should be able to update and verify their age with an ID.

1 Like

Hello. I’m also experiencing this issue on one of my accounts. Please resolve this issue asap.

2 Likes