MMORPG Game - Would you be interested?

Introduction
Hello! We are MmadDevelopers, a small group made of three developers. We are planning to release this game near the end of February, I am interested to see if you would actually play the game. Constructive feedback is greatly accepted.

Our Game
Summary: Our game is a magic-fighting MMORPG with tons of quests, abilities, and a story mode (as the main focus).

The games’s main focus is the story, which is below. The map is divided into many islands on sea, so to get to other parts of the map, the player must either swim or travel by boat. They could also be a stowaway and secretly get on a “merchant’s” boat. There are many weapons, Enemies,(such as strange creatures), and quests to be done, as well as magic abilities (referred to as. Soul Stones.) Soul Stones are (square stones) that grant the user magical abilities of nature when consumed. There are different types of Soul Stones, such as Fire, Water, Earth, Phoenix, Magma, Time, etc. Stronger Soul Stones can only be found by combining other Soul Stones together.

The Storyline
Basically, the player must try to stop a powerful force of darkness, controlled by Him who has consumed the Dimension Soul Stone, and wants to end his invincibility.(this soul stone grants it’s user invincibility, or, the power to not die.) However, this person is very cruel, so he rose spirits from an unknown universe in attempt to bring down the world for fun. Not gonna spoil everything :slight_smile:

So, what do you think?

• Poor (Very bad)
  • Bad
  • Ok, but could use some improvement (please state what)
  • Good
  • Great

0 voters

7 Likes

I love the idea and storyline.
But calling it the Soul Stone could both be a good thing or a bad thing. The Soul Stone has clearly been used in The Avengers. Players might like this and play the game, or dislike it and not play the game. I don’t know the outcome, but if you want… to play it safe, I’d change the name of the Soul Stone.

2 Likes

So, for a few questions, why would a player ride a boat if they could just swim? Is there an incentive? For a suggestion, probably name “Him” something mysterious and creepy like “The Fallen One”. Also, possibly add more of a stroyline? Like a personal anecdote like a flashback to when he was younger and a picture of his parents, then the picture slowly burns to reveal the town, “He burnt my town down”.

2 Likes

Truth is, i had this game in mind in 2015 lol

2 Likes

Ok, ill change his name.

I do have something about his past, but it gets really complicated, as it should be explained throughout the story

1 Like

The same thing happened to me!
I wanted to write a story about gods of Robloxia who each controlled a part of the universe. (Ex: The stones from Avengers.) Basically, you’d go on a quest and defeat each boss one by one and only come to realize that you were the final boss. It was kind of going to be a “Wow ok” moment. But I never came around to it.

1 Like

I voted “Ok, but could use some improvement…”

My reason for my vote is even though the information your provide does seem interesting and has potential of being fun, I cannot be sure whether or not your game will be a generic Roblox RPG. If your game contains custom assets, UI, and attacks along with characters that aren’t a basic R6 model, then you have potential.

I suggest keeping content custom made, the game to run smooth or smooth enough on release, and not have game play too complicated to the point people can not understand their purpose or abilities within a game session.

3 Likes

Ok, thanks! We are thankful for your response!

Reminds me of pirates of Caribbean online, was this a coincidence or were you inspired by that franchise?

The game concept sounds interesting, depending on the execution (which will vary on your team’s skillset) will determine if the game is polished enough to compete with other MMOs on this platform.

I actually got it from “one piece”
Thanks for your response!

Your game idea is quite unique.
I’d definitely be interested is playing your game.
I do suggest changing “him” to possibly:
• Aaron
• Aeson
• Jaxon
• Adam
And many more.
I also suggest changing “Soul stones” to something like:
• Aeson’s stones
• Jaxon’s stones
Overall your idea is amazing!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me!

1 Like

I really hope you’re prepared to spend a lot of time, sweat, and tears on a project.
Sounds really ambitious, and I wouldn’t recommend going for something on this grand of a scale especially if it’s your first time. Best of luck tho.

1 Like

Nice story! I’m a fan of MMORPG games, actually, to create the best MMORPG of Roblox I recommend to add houses and you can edit them. Lootable stuff as bushes, houses, etc. I can’t explain more right now but you can take inspiration of a game that is called School of Chaos, or City of Chaos. They have unique MMORPG stuff! Thanks for reading :+1:

1 Like

I voted “Good”. This is because the story aspect of the game seems unique, but it depends on how you execute it. This can either turn out well or just be another generic ROBLOX RPG.

1 Like

My honest opinion…

I like the idea of the storyline and everything. The mechanics for traveling and combining sounds interesting too. However, what kind of dims on me are the generic elements/magics given. There have been many games I’ve played that always started with the “generics” (e.g. earth, water, fire, etc). It does, however, have potential to be a good game. And with that idea in mind, the turnout of this game definitely depends on the effort put into it.

Voted for improvement.

1 Like

I agree with the generic elements comment. I didn’t put much thought into it when initially reviewing this post, but I agree that it would be better off with more unique magic types.

1 Like

Not to be rude or anything, but this just kind of seems like another medieval MMORPG game with the basic medieval MMORPG storyline. It just seems unoriginal. There are already games like this out there, and its sort of like copy and paste. I would make a new and original storyline maybe a little like this:
I would call the game “Wax.”
Someone has to recover their brother, who has been trapped in a dimension. You have to try and find them through the 5 dimensions. You must light candles in order to go into a dimension in some way (hence, “Wax.”) Each dimension has different time rules, like someone can be in the Overworld, and time would go fine, but in another dimension, time would go slower or faster. After completing a dimension, you gain more candles to go to the second dimension, and then third, and fourth, then fifth. And of course, the brother is in the fifth dimension. But the person who captured the brother is about to blow the candles out to the fifth dimension. You have to escape that fifth dimension, and kill the person who captured the brother.

Effective games and movies have storylines that can relate to the player or watcher. Let’s say you were watching a movie about a zombie apocalypse, and the protagonist realizes that there are zombies in the town next over. Pretty scary, right? What happens if the protagonist learns there is already a zombie in his house. Even more scary, right? It’s because it relates to the watcher, or player. In this case, you’re the player, so you feel like your brother’s life is on the line.

If you want to create a sad part in your storyline, you want the protagonist to feel injustice, and cry. A good movie, like Up or Interstellar, have scenes that are so sad. The way it’s so sad is that its injustice. In Up, the man is a perfect man, with no sin, but all these things happen, that he didn’t deserve. In Interstellar, Cooper is crying, and so are you, is because of injustice. He left Earth to save his family, but his family turns against him. In this case, you could make it that the protagonist’s mother or father dies, and that would make you cry, as he didn’t deserve to have his mother or father die.

1 Like

To @Nurame_Duff and @RudraVII

these elements are technically the “starter magic,” you can think of the soul stones as paint. There are three basic colors; Red, Blue, and Yellow (In this case it is Water, Fire, etc.) When you mix the “colors” you get different outcomes.
I actually have all of the soul stones in mind, you can view them down below :slightly_smiling_face:

Common (AKA basic)

Shadow, Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Light

Uncommon

Unholy, Holy, Magma, Shatter, Tsunami, Tornado, Vox

Rare

Phoenix, Volcano, Frostfire, Storm, Jester, Swords, Summoner, Portal

Legendary

Creation, Destruction, Inferno

Exotic

Time, Spacial (or space), Gravity

Thanks for your responses!

ok, thanks!
30charactershatelol

Thanks for your response!
Good luck with creating Astral Hearts, that game is part of my inspiration!

1 Like