Mobile App : Login not being remembered

Reproduction Steps
Currently, as of 4/19/22, the mobile app does not remember my login info, and forces me to sign back in every time I open the app, even though I ticked the “remember this device for 30 days” checkbox.

Device is a Samsung galaxy A13, I do have 2FA enabled. I have rebooted my phone, that did not resolve the issue. Android version is 11, kernel version is 4.14.

Expected Behavior
It is expected that the mobile app would remember my login info so that I do not have to sign back in every time I re-open the app.

Actual Behavior
The mobile app does not remember my login info, forcing me to sign back in every time I open the app.

Workaround
None

Issue Area: Mobile App
Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-04-19 00:04:00 (-04:00)

11 Likes

I am experiencing this as well.

As seen here, logging in once and then closing it again even with remember on, it logs out after the mobile application is closed, and doesn’t stay logged in.

There is no workaround as of the moment.

also ignore the video recorder :slight_smile:
Device: Asus 5Z
App Version: 2.522.280
2FA Enabled
2 Likes

The same thing happens to me on my Acer Chromebook 315…

1 Like

Can confirm still happening as of 4/22/22.

I have 2FA enabled and this is also still happening, making it troublesome to check messages on my phone because I have to sign in and put in authentication codes every time I closed the app.

App version is 2.523.390, the latest update by 5:12 PM (GMT+7).
My device is Xiaomi Poco F3, running on Android 12 and Kernel version 4.19.113.
Edit: Also have reinstalled & cleaning caches.

1 Like

Also experiencing this

As you can see, opening the app and closing it, then reopening it goes to the log in screen

Edit: Avatar page is not loading too…

Phone: Samsung Galaxy A32 4G (A325F)
Operating System: Android 11 (rooted with Magisk, using MagiskHide to hide root, else Google Pay wont work)
Version of App: 2.253.93
2FA is enabled and Authenticator app is Authy.

1 Like

Can also confirm this through one of my devices (since 4/20/22 (nice)). Seems to only affect Android (and Chromebook?) users, as my iPad is working fine and I haven’t heard about any iPhone devices here.

The device I am having this issue is:

Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro
Android 12, API level 31
Client version: 2.523.393
2FA enabled with Google Authenticator

My other device;

Huawei P40 Lite E (Y7p)
Android 10, API level 27
Client version: 2.523.393
No Google services

This one in specific has not yet reported the logout issue, but the avatar page not loading one (addressed by @TheRobloxGamer15782). This, although it can be solved by exiting the app, basically logs you out. Restarting my second device or force killing the process still didn’t reproduce the bug - might be because of this particular no-Google thing. However, if I log out manually, it’ll still forget my 30-day device remembering.

However, the Roblox client remembers your username, but not your login. Hm, that’s odd.

Update

Clicking the “Forgot password or user” button will not open up the recovery page BUT the Roblox homepage if you have logged on to your browser. Device is my Xiaomi mentioned above.

yes i should’ve made the video longer but yk 10mb

2 Likes

Ok guys, i have a solution for this bug.
You need to turn off 2 factor authentication to make it work.
Idk if it works for all but it works for me.

Seems like turning Auth off and on again solves the problem for me. (I need long-term testing)

Whatever the case, what about Roblox homepage instead of the recovery page?

Can confirm this is the solution. Turning authentication off and on again seems to have fixed it (what a classic way).

However, I ran into another kind of problem now, which is the avatar page not loading.

Pretty sure this is correct, as there has been no complaint from iOS users, and the problem is only affecting Android users. (Chromebook is Linux-based (Chrome OS), but it can run Android apps, so the problem might occur because it is running on an Android base, though I haven’t checked with emulators.)

EDIT: Happens on iOS too, but the majority seems to be on Android.

1 Like

I can confirm this had happened onn ios 13 Iphone 10. Been signed out alot unsure why, @Vanniris

Don’t seem to be able to reproduce as often, I’ve had this happen once earlier though.

Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro (6GB RAM/128GB storage) running Android 12
Roblox version 2.523.393
Security patch 1st February 2022
Google Play system update 1st March 2022
Kernel version 4.14.180

I do also have both 2FA Auth app (Authy) and 2FA email enabled.

I am unable to reproduce this at all.

Device Details:
Model Name: iPhone X
Software Version iOS 15.4.1
2FA Enabled

This happens on my Iphone X ios 14

Try upgrading to 15, like the person above you.

1 Like

I merely don’t want to at this point, I just want to retain it because its already bad enouggh

just turn it back on after, it works