Mobile Buttons and joystick missing

So I’m working on a mobile game made of nothing but UI. However, when I went to test mobile all buttons are non-existent. I did remove the starter player and character scripts if that would have something to do with it. If possible I would like to get the joystick back without getting the starter scripts back.

I’m also not sure if this is an engine bug, a script issue, or just me being stupid.

Are the buttons out of bounds? Check and see if a button will appear when you set its position to 0,0,0,0.

Are the buttons inside a parent which clips descendants?

If you designed it on a PC then it moves around when you put it onto mobile. Basically what @imalex4 put.

Shouldn’t there be base movement buttons tho?
Also yes they are in bounds.

Oh, those buttons.

It appears that the movement buttons do not appear if there is no character spawned in. You can spawn in the character or make sure game.Players.CharacterAutoLoads is enabled.

Wait… Is there a way to get this button/joystick position from another script if i created it with one?
Because the script was inside the player object, (The reason it didn’t show up)

You could copy PlayerGui.TouchGui if you want (game must be running with a character loaded to see it of course)

I made a mobile button, And it works… But can I make a joystick

local contextActionService = game:GetService("ContextActionService")
function onButtonPress()
    game.Workspace.Baseplate:Destroy()
end
local mobileJoystick = contextActionService:BindAction("MobileMovement", ,true,"d")
contextActionService:SetPosition("MobileMovement",UDim2.new(0.72,-25,0.20,-25))
contextActionService:SetImage("MobileMovement","http://www.roblox.com/asset/?id=68437731")

You could do it, but you would need to script it yourself of course.

So its not as easy as what I did there?

No, you would need to do a bit more, as not only are you clicking the joystick, you are making it move around with the finger and all that. It’s doable, though.

I thought Roblox had this built in… Welp… Time to do some research!

It is built in, but it doesn’t appear when there is no character. You may be able to find the scripts for the buttons if you look around in the game explorer.

Otherwise, here is a link with some useful phone input stuff.

So I just fixed it by adding the starter scripts back into the game but not the starter character, I just removed the jump button from the code. Thank you for your help, but I think I’m ok from here on!

1 Like