Mobile chatbox is blank when you tap out of it and tap back into it

I’m experiencing a problem on mobile. When users tap into the chat box, type something, then tap out of it and tap back into it, the text they typed out is blank. This happens on every game I play on mobile, and needs to be fixed. I experience this every time, but I’m not sure if others do.

I don’t know if this problem occurs with Android devices, but it does for iOS.
Repro process:

1. Open Roblox app on iOS device & join a game
  2. Open the chat box and type something in the field without clicking Enter; instead, exit the chat box by tapping anywhere on your screen
  3. Opening the chatbox after closing it will make the characters you typed disappear from the editor

A video of the bug in action:

Hey @lluckvy - can you confirm which version of Roblox you’re on? I just tested on an iPhone 7+ and iPad Air 2 on Roblox v441 and v442 and didn’t see this issue.

Thanks!

Edit: can you also provide which device you’re using, as well as iOS/iPadOS version?

1 Like

Hi! I was using a 5th-gen iPad. Also, I wrote this topic a while ago before this issue was fixed, and had to wait for it to be approved.

It seems like this issue was resolved while this post was going through approval, but thank you for responding!

Below, you can see there isn’t a white bar above the keyboard anymore, and you type your chats directly in the chatbox.

1 Like

Hi @lluckvy - perfect! Thanks for following up and confirming the issue is no longer occurring :hugs:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.