Mobile Compatible roguelike game. Should I spend mobile, or pc sponsors?

So, recently ive made a game with roguelike mechanics, but mobile compatible. However, I’m leaning towards a older audience, since they will more likely consider this game ‘fun’. I noticed that most mobile players are usually younger kids (less than or equal to 2nd grade), and pc players, teens, or older kids (3rd grade and up). Since this game heavily relies on pvp and skill. I want to use my budget efficiently, but I don’t know how.

3 Likes

Can I see a few screenshots of the game?

If I could see some screenshots from both PC and mobile, that would help a lot. Since, combat is different for mobile and PC, and seeing your game would definitely help.

I was just thinking ahead, but uh, nothing much as map, but pc controls are mostly done. left click for punch, right click for heavy punch, f for block, shift to sprint, double tap movement for dash, v to carry, b to kill (if nearest player is ko’d)
Mobile controls are going to be tap left side of the screen for punch, right for heavy punch, sprint gui, block gui, dash gui, and if near a ko’d player, a carry, and kill gui will pop up

Since you are appealing to an older audience, I would recommend going for PC. It doesn’t hurt to have a good mobile port though, but I would still advertise mainly towards a PC playerbase.

One other thing I would recommend if you wanted to build up a playerbase, is to play similar games, make friends there, and invite them to try your game - they are more likely to be interested in your game than the random players who see your advertisements, and they can also provide feedback to your work, and maybe even invite their friends.

Hope this helps!

I have already invited 50 people who play rogue lineage to my discord server (my only support so far, but i guess its fine)

How much should I spend if I had a budget of 50k robux? (My friend is willing to invest)

It mainly is up to you. If you feel good about sponsoring the game I would spend most of it since there are a ton of pvp games out there. If you feel like you are gonna regret it spend less and keep the rest for future games and if you target an area like pc i would do ads. If you are paying someone to do some of the work for you I would not spend it all. Good luck, pizzagod536

If you target PC players, you’d likely be more successful in reaching older audiences. This being said, there are more ROBLOX players on mobile than on any other platform, so it could be to your advantage to advertise to mobile as well. I wouldn’t totally neglect mobile in your advertising, especially if you’ve already created a mobile port.

1 Like

It depends on what else your budget is going to be put into - e.g. modeling, scripts, ect.
If you wanted to read more about advertisement specifically, here is a good article you can read. There are also other good resources on the dev forum, so I would suggest looking into them as well.

The thing is he will only invest on THIS game :sweat_smile: so i dont think i have much of a choice on wether to spend or not

Oh ok what audience are you targeting. Pc or mobile

No, I am only going to spend budget on advertisements, since i know how to script, rig, art, gui, and my friend knows how to compose, build, model, and animate well.

It can be either, but I want to advertise to older audiences, but Mobile gets more views as far as im aware.

-edit- I meant both ads and sponsors, when i meant advertise

If mobile, do sponsors because ads only do pc

I don’t have much experience or knowledge on advertisement, but from the bit of research I have done 50k does sound decent. I would recommend doing more research, however.

How would I do that? Should I ask people on discord, or just wait for replies in dev forum?

There are articles on the dev forum about advertisement that you can find, as well as other resources. I believe I’ve seen some articles published by Roblox, but I cant remember where I saw them. Asking questions in the devforum doesn’t hurt either, though.

This may help:How much, if at all, should I spend on Advertisements? - #2 by kacper532

1 Like

Wow, that seem trustworthy, never seen a famous dev asking for advertising help.

We all start somewhere small and so did he