Mobile device UI scaling is completely broken on some devices

I’m not completely sure when this started happening, but it probably started at some point today. UI elements on many mobile devices are now super tiny. I personally tested on a Galaxy S10+ but have confirmations of many other devices exhibiting the same behavior. However, some devices seem to still be fine and behave as usual.

We use UIScale objects and set values based on ViewportSize to do scaling on all of our UI.

Our game Adventure Up! now looks like this and is completely unplayable on mobile devices:

This is what it should look like:

6 Likes

Could you please name the other devices exhibiting the same behavior.

All the recent Samsung Galaxy phones, some other brands such as Xiaomi Note, and more are coming in, so for now I’m assuming it happens to any Android device with a high enough resolution screen. Apple devices seem to be fine.

This bug was most likely caused by a recent change for Android Vulkan devices. We’ve reverted that change just now so it should be fixed. Users may need to restart Roblox.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.