Hello, this is my first post on the forums, so I apologize if I mess anything up. Or if this isn’t the correct category
What do you want to achieve?
I am trying to reduce memory for mobile users
What is the issue?
I have found that PC users use about 400-700mb (give or take) of memory. Meanwhile, Mobile users usually get 900-1500mb of memory.
What solutions have you tried so far?
I tried to see if anyone else has a similar issue. But I can’t find anything. I also disabled certain mobile features like the mobile sprint button, with no results
Things to note:
- This has been happening for about 3 weeks
- Mobile users get 200-300mb of untracked memory most of the time
- This currently isn’t a major issue for me, but later on, it might.
- I understand certain devices have very different memory, but it seems off mobile users have 2 or more times more memory than PC
- I am pretty sure Apple devices are more memory efficient, so the memory usage could be even higher on Andriod devices
I am using an Apple iPad Pro (the one WITH the home button) with 4RAM. I am unable to test my game with other devices. Here is my place with the issue: https://www.roblox.com/games/5163789285/Nations-of-Glory-ALPHA?refPageId=1665b0e1-51fc-477c-a8a7-5204fff2a98f
This could be an issue with my mobile device, or something like that which is why I linked the game since some of you may get different results. I have asked some of my friends to try (PC) and they all got 400-700.
here are some screenshots:
here is the sprint script, where there are two buttons. One is “Sprint” while the other is “Stop Sprint” which are on top of each other, each disabling each other when pressed. I commented this entire section, with almost no difference being made
this is a section of the sprint script:
if InputService.TouchEnabled then -- checks if the player is a mobile user Frame.Parent.Sprint.Visible = true -- makes sprint button appear Frame.Parent.Sprint.MouseButton1Click:Connect(function() sprinting = true -- boolean value defined earlier in the script determining if player is sprinting Frame.Parent.Sprint.Visible = false Frame.Parent.SprintBottom.Visible = true while Frame.BarUp.Size.X.Scale > 0.01 and sprinting == true do player.Character.Humanoid.WalkSpeed = 30 Frame.BarUp.Size = UDim2.fromScale(Frame.BarUp.Size.X.Scale-0.01,Frame.BarUp.Size.Y.Scale) -- reduces sprint bar if Frame.BarUp.Size.X.Scale < 0.02 then player.Character.Humanoid.WalkSpeed = 16 sprinting = false end wait(0.1) end end) Frame.Parent.SprintBottom.MouseButton1Click:Connect(function() Frame.Parent.Sprint.Visible = true Frame.Parent.SprintBottom.Visible = false sprinting = false debounce = true player.Character.Humanoid.WalkSpeed = 16 while Frame.BarUp.Size.X.Scale < 0.7 and sprinting == false do Frame.BarUp.Size = UDim2.fromScale(Frame.BarUp.Size.X.Scale+0.01,Frame.BarUp.Size.Y.Scale) --regens sprint bar if Frame.BarUp.Size.X.Scale == 0.7 then debounce = false end wait(0.15) end end) end
for PC, (a section of my script above that) instead of having a
TextButton.Mousebutton1Click I used the userinput service to check if the Shift button was being pressed.
I hope I shared enough details, if any more is needed I can provide them