Mobile [IOS] Redirect to App Store Bug

When clicking on an invite link on an iOS device (ipad Pro 1st generation), roblox redirects me to the app store instead of opening the game in the roblox app.
This makes these kind of invite links unusable.
Affected links are only the ones generated by share buttons, but not direct URLs.
This makes joining private servers by invite link impossible on affected devices. It also makes joining games by link difficult as you have to search for the game manual.
These links always auto-redirect with no option to open in browser, but the redirect never works for me.
I have not tested on other mobile devices, but it does not affect desktop and non-mobile platforms.

I have am using default safari with no browser plugins, the roblox app is up to date and installed on the device.
The bug is not new and has been an ongoing issue for a while.
Device is an ipad pro (generation 1) and is fitted with a hardware keyboard attachment.

Video evidence:

Work-arounds:
• Requesting a direct URL instead of a share-button invite.
• Opening the link on a desktop device, the page will load with the correct URL, which can be copy/pasted and resent to the mobile device.
Link does not always contain useable data such as the game id so URL manipulation does not always work.

Expected behavior

When I click on a roblox invite link off platform, such as on discord or youtube, the link should open the roblox app and join the game rather than redirecting to the app store.

3 Likes

Yes, This problem is happening to me as well, The way I share private servers or roblox links is via a group, My reccomendation is:
Make a group to share the private server/roblox link, But this doesn’t always work. I have noticed roblox tagging roblox links sometimes (@BanTech has a good thread on this) and it doesn’t always work so, I recommend using a group but keep in mind that it doesn’t always work.