Mobile Memory Leak?

Does anyone notice an increase in client untracked memory in mobile after the recent update?

I tested this issue in my game. On PC, the client’s untracked memory remains at 0 MB on the first join and remains at 0 MB consistently. On the other hand, mobile spiked to 300+ MB in the client’s untracked memory on the first join and reached over 500 MB after 30 minutes of playing.

I am not entirely sure of the cause since this issue is mobile-exclusive.

4 Likes

There is no change or spike in untracked memory usage on mobile.
The untracked memory usage is simply memory that Roblox cannot track and is an expected part of the operation of the engine.

1 Like

Not sure what you mean there. Are you implying that the mobile client cannot track these untracked memories while the PC client can?

The issue was there was higher memory usage on mobile verse on PC. PC had no memory leaks according to my game stats, but on mobile it started at 300 MB which was pretty crazy.

1 Like

You can tell if your game is leaking memory by if the untracked memory is increasing a significant amount over time. Having a little is fine. 300 MBs is quite a bit, but that might just be normal for Roblox running on your mobile OS. It would be hard to tell if Roblox caused a big memory leak (because we don’t have data to compare the current results to), but Roblox is pretty on top of that stuff, so I doubt the untracked memory for mobile went from 0 MBs to 300 MBs without them noticing.

1 Like

Well, there is really no code in the game that would exclusively cause mobile just have a big untracked memory. On PC, it remains at 0 after an hour playing.

This is the leak on mobile after an hour of playing. The errors are just pbr failed to uploaded.

3 Likes

This is a very baseplate with some
Bricks and no script in it. also a huge map with no script

A

4 Likes