Mobile users cannot exit whisper

Hello Developers,

I am reporting a bug that many users have reported happening on mobile. It appears you can get stuck in whisper chat on android phones along with apple phones. I believe the issue is that you cannot use backspace to delete the user’s name from the chat, which on desktop exits whisper chat. I’ve noticed it happening since January 20, 2020. Here is some information on the issue:

Reproduction Steps
  1. Join any game on an android mobile device.
  2. Click on the user you want to whisper with’s name.
  3. Try to exit the whisper.
  4. You are now unable to chat normally.

This will happen 100% of the time.

System Specs

Model: Pixel 4.
Android Version: 10.
Build Number: QQ3A.200805.001.
Carrier: T-Mobile.

Pictures

You are now stuck inside private chat.

This issue does not affect me a lot, but I can see it affecting many other users, as sometimes people accidentally click on the name of the user, and now they are stuck in whisper. It would be great if roblox could address this! If you need more information, please let me know!

Thank you,
FxllenCode.

6 Likes

I use an iPhone and this happens here too this is a bug that is only on mobile. I use an iPhone X (10).

2 Likes

Hi FxllenCode,

To exit whisper chat, tap on the [To username] that shows up in the game chat input bar. It should disappear and let you chat again outside of whisper mode. Thanks for pointing this out though as we are looking into how to improve in-game chat.

6 Likes

Hello @whobez,

I understand that you can do that, however it’s not very clear. As a usual PC user, it’s habit to exit whisper by hitting backspace. It would greatly improve mobile chat if this could be changed.

Thank you for submitting this report. We are currently reviewing all bug reports to ensure we have not overlooked any ongoing issues. Since this issue was reported over two years ago, can you please confirm you are still experiencing the problem? If so, please respond to this thread, and we will investigate. If we do not receive any response within 30 days, we will consider this matter resolved. Thank you.

This is now resolved. :blush:

Thank you!

1 Like