Mock Purchases

All,
Thank you for the great feedback! We’re moving forward with the software design and then will proceed with implementation. Will support Dev. Products, Game passes and everything else.

13 Likes

Awesome! I made this thread a year ago and I thought it just died out. Really happy to see that it will be implemented!

Everything what you ask us about never gets lost. We record all requests, ask to vote for them on Trello board or just fix them, if they are bugs. However, we do have limited resources, so not everything is getting implemented as soon as all of us would want. We’re working on shortening the response time, hopefully, you will notice it soon.

8 Likes

Yay! Finally don’t gotta pay myself to test something.

1 Like

Yes, this is so good!

1 Like

The struggle would be real once tix are gone. Just test with a price of 1 ticket. Not it would need to be 1 ROBUX.

This is more web-related than game related, so I doubt mock purchases can work with it, but another thing that’d be useful for developers to get for free in their own games are VIP servers, as per mentioned here

Honestly it’s still a big problem if your game has been released. If you even have hype for your game and you set a game pass for sale for 1R$ people might buy it.

Though it might sound unlikely, it happens.

In fact, I had one on sale for 1R$ before and someone literally commented and called me a scammer as I closed the game after giving up on the project. He had literally spent 3R$ on game passes and kept watching the game.

That’s why you test on a separate place.

Well unfortunately if you have a lot of developer products it’s a major pain in the ass to do so. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but do you disagree in saying that mock purchases would be a lot better?

Obviously not.

I tested the ‘Buy Gold Camo’ for $7,000 robux on my game, three times.

It failed the first two times. After the 30% fee I only got 60% thanks to group distribution.

I regret nothing!!!

Why didn’t you just set the product to one robux?

Because apparently I don’t mind spending 8 hours on a weapon attachment circular UI but I do mind spending 14 seconds to change a number.

5 Likes

That’s a whopping 21$ on a single test :uhh:

3 Likes

I just have a test product/pass that tells people not to buy it for minimum price, then I just have to test the new ID works and it’s all done without people getting massive discounts

Thank you for bringing this up. Though, it’s quite different technologically from enabling mock purchases, so we will have to address it separately. We’ve added it to our Trello board: https://trello.com/c/3nG3Q65C/202-free-vip-servers-for-devs-in-their-own-games-m-l. Please vote and encourage others to join. We will add it to our pipeline if it gets enough attention.

3 Likes

Huge thanks to everyone who’s worked on this feature!

5 Likes

@Seranok did most (if not all) the work!

Save all of your likes for when I make a thread about it later.

5 Likes