Model looks thinner in studio than it does in-game?

Hello!

I recently came across this problem and I don’t know how to fix it.

I made a model in studio, and it looks thinner, which is how I want it to look. But when I join the game, the model looks fatter, which I don’t want. (I used freecam in game, maybe that has something to do with it?)

Is there any way to fix this? This is the only model that this has happened with.

1 Like

Freecam has a zoom using the scroll… this will widen or thin the image based on FOV, so maybe this is the issue, try to zoom in or out on freecam and see if this helps.

Studio:

Freecam:

PS: i exaggerated the zoom on freecam to make the point, by zooming in but moving the camera position out.

yeah, I know, but the screenshot taken with the freecam is the default zoom when you enable it.

It might be a different default FOV, I haven’t opened studio in a while but iirc studio default is 70 fov

It’s 2 different resolution ratios, the taller your screen height is, the more vertically you’re able to see, and the larger it is, the more horizontally you’d be able to see.

By comparing both screenshots, we can see the roblox studio pic, which is the one of top, is shorter vertically or larger horizontally.

You can solve this problem by changing the FOV of the camera frame by frame, You can get the screen size of the player by looking at CurrentCamera.ViewportSize and make some calculations with that information.