Model moving up and down when it's not even suposed to?

When the model moves it goes down usually, dont know why.

local modelSCP = script.Parent

local playerName = getClosestPlayer()
	local playerCharacter = game.Workspace[playerName]

local distBetweenPlayer = (modelSCP.PrimaryPart.Position - playerCharacter.HumanoidRootPart.Position).Magnitude

if distBetweenPlayer > killDistance then
	   local part = script.Parent.PrimaryPart
	   local charPos = playerCharacter.HumanoidRootPart.Position

local lookAtCFrame = CFrame.lookAt(part.Position, charPos)
	   local modelCFrame = CFrame.fromMatrix(part.Position, lookAtCFrame.XVector, part.CFrame.YVector, lookAtCFrame.ZVector) 

if distBetweenPlayer > maxDistTeleport then
		   modelSCP:SetPrimaryPartCFrame(modelCFrame * CFrame.Angles(0,math.pi,0) * CFrame.new(Vector3.new(1, 1, maxDistTeleport)))
	   else
		   modelSCP:SetPrimaryPartCFrame(modelCFrame * CFrame.Angles(0,math.pi,0) * CFrame.new(Vector3.new(1, 1, distBetweenPlayer - killDistance)))
	   end
   else
	   print("KILL")
   end

https://gyazo.com/3b1a0187d959e40b2765bd2eb78fcf6f

I think the problem here is that you tell it to go to the Player Primary Part , the player model is smaller than the model of the monster therefor it goes down to get to the destination , i think you should try or setting the destination to the head or make it so it would go a little up from the primary part

1 Like

ah yeah you’re prolly right, i wasnt paying attention, i thought it should be locked on the axis but i’ve only locked the rotation axis and not the position in the modelCFrame, would making another CFrame with the modelCFrame * CFrame.Angles(0,math.pi,0) property and make the Y position not change? or maybe cast a ray when the model moves, and before and compare the height difference and just set it back to the ground level

No problems , happy to help! good luck in the future

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.