Model Wont Upload (Could not serialize Instances)

1. What do you want to achieve?
    Trying to upload a model.

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    It wont let me and says “Could not serialize Instances”

1. What solutions have you tried so far?
    I have tried renaming stuff and looking for answers but it appears I’m one of the first people to run across this.

Right click model in explorer
Click “Save to Roblox”
Click “Submit”

This for some reason will not work for me.

16 Likes

I’ve had other people reach out in my dm’s saying they are having this issue too and if I know a fix. Unfortunately, I do not know of a fix at this time. If a solution is found I will post it here and mark it as the solution.

8 Likes

Still in need of an answer for this, if anyone knows a fix please let us know. I’m not the only one having this issue.

6 Likes

Bump, I’m having this issue too

4 Likes

Bump, any solution forthcoming?

4 Likes

I was having the same issue, but i found a work around.

I saved my model into a rbxl.file (save “place” to file), then I saved the model to Roblox whilst in studio, this fixed the issue for me.

4 Likes

This is happening to me too, so i will have to save it as a file for now until roblox fixes this. i hope they don’t take long.

4 Likes

this happened to me and the solution was reinstall roblox studio

4 Likes

Had a response from customer support and they actually called this a common issue, they said to refer to this and i’ve not tried it but it could work for you https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203552894

4 Likes

Yea except this doesn’t tell us much on how to fix the issue. I am able to upload other models just fine except just the one I am trying. It is nothing to do with my computer because I have tried this on other devices as well.

3 Likes

I was able to upload my model by reinstalling ROBLOX Studio.

3 Likes

So I have found that if you upload a brick first and overwrite the brick after with the actual item. Its more likely to succeed.

11 Likes

I have the same issue here today, trying to finish uploading my Ghostbusters Ectomobile model but I got this, proof:

Since I got this issue, I found a solution to this problem!

Publishing a game that includes the model inside helps the problem a lot, and it published working like a miracle!

1 Like

seems to only happen to me when using unions not sure if that’s the exact cause tho

This worked, Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

No way it actually worked LOL :skull_and_crossbones:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.