Models to learn scripting

Trust you are doing good devs!

I am new to scripting. I am not new to coding, through the years I’ve learned C++, Javascript, and Java. When I started to learn Roblox Lua, I picked up a good pace, since I had good understanding of coding in general. But, I would like to expand and become an experienced scripter.

I’ve heard many devs talking about using models to learn scripting, I’ve never done so before.

So, what type of models shall I use to hone my scripting skills? Any help would be highly regarded!

5 Likes

I’ve heard this from a lot of new people wanting to learn scripting, I can say for myself and pretty much all of my scripter friends that we didn’t learn this way. Sure some people have but I wouldn’t consider this the best method or even really a good method to learn coding inside of Roblox. Overall I really can’t recommend learning off of free models, the usual way people learn is thru YouTube, Googling, the Wiki or whatever else can help you learn.

1 Like

I think that tools and models that you find interesting are a great way to learn, in addition to what @SquidyCakez mentioned . Especially if you are a decent programmer in other languages already and just need to get comfortable with lua. I recommend either finding a roblox catalog gear find cool, or browsing look here on the dev forum at some of the communities open sourced ModuleScript’s.
Playing around with roblox’s models and gears is a great way to learn, as well as being really fun xD. I have also found many of the community creations to be great resources.

Good luck on further learning lua :smile:!

3 Likes

That actually makes a lot of sense. I have learned a lot through YouTube, and I can possible learn more! Thank you! :smiley:

1 Like

I didn’t think about community creations, I could try that. And yes, I’m just trying to get comfortable with Lua since I already know more than the basics, but I’m not really an expert. I will look up models that interest me.

Thank you for your help sir!

1 Like