Models with malicious scripts

If somone has a free model in his/hers game, and It contains a “Virus” per say, and Im not the one that is hosting the game, but just editing it via the Game page, can my account get compromised?

I don’t really think so, I believe in can only affect whatever is in the game.

3 Likes

just like @AndSuperMe said, I think the viruses can only affect whatever you have in the game which could get game closed down by Roblox but… other than that, I don’t think viruses can compromise your account

2 Likes

Viruses from malicious models/plugins can only affect the game, it cannot harm your PC or account.

2 Likes

For the same reason you can’t just log into a game and lose (or gain) site currency or lose your account, a Roblox game is sandboxed, or in other words it runs separately from the website and any script that runs has limited access to services like that. About the worst a script can do is steal a model or trick you into buying a gamepass or devprod as a way to get your money. In addition, these scripts won’t run if you are just in Studio, unless you start a run or test.

Plugins still can’t compromise your account, but they can do a lot more damage to your game, because they run in Studio before you even hit run or test. If you install a malicious plugin, it could delete or steal your game before you had a chance to react. It can’t save your game though, so just as long as you don’t panic, you can still undo the damage done by a plugin. This isn’t as nearly bad as most people think it is, but unless I’m mistaken it is also possible for a plugin to obtain your IP address through HttpService.

1 Like

There is no way for a script in roblox to compromise an account. Scripts don’t have access to such resources for it to be even considered a possibility.

1 Like