Models with multiple parts no longer snapping rotation when dragged

Normally when dragging an object, it will snap to the rotation of the part it’s being dragged over:
https://gfycat.com/LikelyCheapFlamingo

This has stopped being the case for models with more than one part:
https://gfycat.com/BlushingDearestAtlanticsharpnosepuffer

This is reproducible 100% of the time. Group a model with one part, rotate, and then drag: rotation is snapped. Add another part to the model, rotate, and drag: rotation is not snapped. This happens on production version 0.316.0.164438. I haven’t used Studio to drag models for a while, so I can’t pinpoint when this started happening.

I have Drag Multiple Parts As Single Part enabled, but there is no difference in behavior with it disabled. I have tried with the Rotate/Move snaps on the Model ribbon tab disabled/enabled. I am using the default selector (Ctrl+1) to move the model/part.

4 Likes

Is this a thing? If so, how do I access it? 0.0

I feel like this should be the default for both models and parts. And then there should be a button to align the model/part. Seems counter intuitive that my rotation changes when I drag something.

1 Like

1 Like

oof, thanks!

I’m also having this problem… No idea how to fix it since no forum post have a solution

1 Like

Bumping this thread because it seems like something like this is happening to me again.

I really miss this feature because it was extremely helpful when needing to align models to other models. A friend of mine is also having this issue, so it’s unlikely it’s a local issue.

2 Likes

I will bump this topic as I am experiencing the same issue. It’s extremely annoying!

To anyone experiencing this issue currently, I recently came across the same issue and it was due to me accidentally clicking this button when I was building.

It appears when you right click. Just thought I’d try to help people out who’re going through the same struggle I did.

2 Likes

Interesting. I did not know that setting existed. There have been times where I don’t want parts to align, and this should fix that! Thanks! You just saved me from making a separate thread. (Sorry for the bump, I didn’t realize this thread was this old)