Moderation System Has Too Many False Positives

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to upload images to a game, since many of the images get incorrectly moderated by your system.

A good 5% of the images that I upload through studio get incorrectly moderated by your system. These images are basic UI images mostly consisting of buttons, labels, text descriptions, and window backgrounds - nothing that should ever get moderated.

If Roblox is able to address your issue, how would it improve your game and/or your development experience? Please be as specific as possible.

The problem is that once these images gets moderated, I need to wait from 1-3 days typically for the images to be approved via the Moderation Forum. In the meantime, I cannot use the images, which is extremely frustrating and seriously impacts my development.

I don’t know how your moderation system works, but I have had the most basic images incorrectly moderated. I also believe the filename of the image has an effect on whether the image is moderated or not.

Needless to say, the current system is very detrimental to my development. I should be able to access to the images that I upload, and should never have to wait days to get access to those images. I should be able to name my images with any filename.

My other concern is that the Moderation Forum is not private. Prior to releasing a game, I do not want to reveal images in a non-private forum like the Moderation Forum. My moderation posts should really only be visible to myself and the Roblox staff (which is not how it is currently done).

I think that Roblox needs to improve the moderation system to make it more developer friendly.

27 Likes

You could probably privately message one of the staff members that manage those requests and they’d handle it for you.

2 Likes