"Modern Studio" (new docking behavior) has various issues

I dont know if this might fix your guys issues but it fixed mine
when its loading up or im trying to test my game i click rapidly and its been not doing this

1 Like

My docking in studio is bad, but studio only crashed once on me because of the docking situation.

3 Likes

welp the viewport broke cant even do anything in studio now, just gotta wait until its solved.

3 Likes

Try resetting your view with the keyboard shortcut “CTRL+P” then search “Reset View”. If this doesn’t work or you are unable to access the keyboard shortcut due to studio being unusable, please refer to this post:

2 Likes

Reset view nor deleting registry key in regedit resetted my view. It’s really annoying since I always had the explorer and properties underneath each other which is now all messed up and now they are into each other which is really annoying to work with as I have to switch every time. Is there any other way you know of?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Someone is currently working on a plugin that will look identical to the Roblox Studio explorer, you can probably use that once it’s released.

2 Likes

I could yeah but I just want this to be fixed. Why can’t we put 2 docks under each other anymore. That’s the entire point of docking… So that your entire screen isn’t filled

3 Likes

Issue is still occurring for me, only method to temporarily fix it is to restart studio however there is a chance the issue still persists.

2 Likes

The community shouldn’t be the ones to fix the mess that Roblox has made, and people shouldn’t have to use some obscure keybind to reset their studio data to fix it either. It should be up to Roblox to properly QA test changes like these. So many issues are apparent that it seems as if no testing was done at all.

3 Likes

When I test my game and want to see a script which has an error, it shows a random box. And this was before the update. Tbh, I don’t think Roblox cares about this unless something happens to their platform that makes them fix it because they have no other option.

1 Like

Just depends when they get round to it I guess. In another bug report thread here they seemed to attempt at fixing it, but doesn’t seem like it did much, and then they just responded with the “just reset all of your studio settings with Ctrl + P and write this obscure command nobody has heard of and pray that it works because it’s only a temporary fix”

1 Like

also experiencing issues making it really difficult to play test

2 Likes

Allow me to bump this and rant with you all

I wish I saw this topic a month ago… I would’ve posted some whacky screenshots lol

I’ve only experienced this within the past month and it’s been horrible… I only get it when I open a 2nd studio session and none of the solutions work (permanently anyways…)

• Disable plugins? nope
  • Reinstall studio? I’m not going through that hassle and it’s clear it doesn’t work for others
  • Keybind shortcut? nope
  • Drag the windows back in place? can’t even do that
  • Close and re-open a 2nd session? I wish but no… It’s literally EVERY second session I open… 99.99% fail rate
  • Reset layout? I can only get the option if I open the toolbox, close it, and break studio- but even then as everyone knows IT’S A ONE TIME TEMPORARY SOLUTION | Lemme exaggerate our pain: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

The 0.01% chance studio doesn’t break- It breaks when you stop testing and then you lose all that work you just did unless you copy and paste [while visibly blind] the workspace into a working session :neutral_face:

We’re in 2023 now and this still hasn’t been fixed… Honestly, is anyone even working on a fix?

Here’s a screenshot I saved [I would’ve saved more but it’s a very common thing… I’ll edit this and add more when I find some more whacky breaks]:

3 Likes

That’s been happening for a while | The only fix I found was using the Mod Manager :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

I can just erratically resize one window or widget, and then simply wait and watch for one or more of my windows cause my Studio to lock up for a moment and undock after.

Also happens when I quickly press Stop after Play.

1 Like

This is driving me insane that this problem has been going on for a while but Roblox has yet to fix it
I’m also having the same problem

5 Likes

For the love of god either revert this update or push a fix. It’s insanely annoying. It’s gotten to the point where studio is unusable because it keeps breaking every time you open something or try and test it.

6 Likes

Per version 558, all users facing this issue will receive a dialog to reset their layout as shown
Upon pressing restart, your layout will be reset and the issue should not occur again.
Please let us know if the dialog does not come up for you, or is not effective in resolving your issues.

1 Like

Is the issue where studio never remembers which scripts I had open and resets which toolbars I had open related to the design refresh? It’s only been happening the last few days and it’s annoying to have to set up studio again and again regardless of how much work I feel like doing.

I still experience many of the docking bugs mentioned above. The most notable being that every time I open Studio, all the windows (Properties, Explorer, etc) are shifted slightly up and to the left on my far right monitor, forcing me to constantly move each one back down every time. Very tedious and annoying; Hoping for a fix soon.