Modern-Style Builds

Hello there!

So, a day ago I started making concepts for modern houses and I would like to know what you all think of it and how I can improve!

(I made both of these designs in around 1 hour or 2.)

Screenshots:

(Also, thank you for viewing my topic!) :grin:

10 Likes

The effort you put in is absolutely define! Add some rooms and your modern house will be quite- finished!

4 Likes

Thanks! I was planning on add decoration to it once I was finished with the walls.

2 Likes

I think it looks really good so far, can’t wait to see what it looks like furnished :grin:

1 Like

Looks great! I do not recommend using grass a floor material though, nor diamond plate for modern builds as it doesn’t fit or blend in well with the other materials you are using such as wood.

1 Like

I was hoping that the grass would make an okay carpet material substitute.

The metallic cylinders in the first image might look better if made of the glass material

tbh, this isn’t bad at all. I still wonder how everyone makes these realistic light reflections, shadows, etc ;-;

It looks great so far! Some things I’d suggest adding/changing are:

1. Add the marble texture.
  2. Change the diamond plate texture.
  3. Don’t use grass for a floor or two ideas is by using a shade of grey or by making a floor mat using the grass texture instead
  4. Add the slate texture.
  5. Change the foil texture.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks! This really does help out a lot! :grin:

1 Like

I really like it. Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Thank you! It really means a lot. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey, jennygrandma! :wave:

These builds have obviously had great detail and attention put into them! Which I applaud you for your dedication, however when it comes to the floor on the second photo I think you should change it into a more white marble rather than using the grass material as it makes it look choppy.

Other than that, fantastic build! Keep up the great work, and continue posting your builds!

:hugs:

1 Like