Modifiers Animation | Import modifiers animation from Blender to Roblox Studio

Did you give script injection permissions before importing animation?

1 Like

what does it look like if I may ask?
I couldnā€™t really follow through since Its my first time using studio.

1 Like

First go to ā€œPluginsTabā€
then click on ā€œManagePluginsā€
look for ā€œModifiers Animationā€ and make sure script injection permissions are allowed
if isnā€™t allowed, just click on the yellow part and allow it

now just click on ā€œImport Moduleā€ and import again your animation

1 Like

AHH MAN IMA GO TRY IT RN, HOPE IT WORKS! :DDD

ima tell you if it works :smiley:

EDIT: IT WORKED, AH MAN THX!

(just wanna ask on what do you mean on ā€œone per oneā€? do I do it one by one?)

1 Like

By ā€œone per oneā€, I mean you should import animation files by order(rbxanim1, rbxanim2), if an animation in blender has a lot of tris, the blender addon will split the animation into multiple files(files are less than 50k tris, because roblox doesnā€™t allow more than 50k per file tris using this)

1 Like

How would I go about if Iā€™m trying to make voxel animations?
Voxel meaning:

so like water splashing, fire, or just smoke, normal effects that you have in a game.

1 Like

Well, I think a big animation can be some heavy, specifically the leafs, but anyway, try to select an object and export, tell me if you have some issues

1 Like

I did significantly reduce the block count of the leaves.
I donā€™t really want to do big animations, just small effects.

HEY! been a while :smiley: sry for the late reply. I kind of get the point since there is a limit for roblox, just asking if when are you going to do the tutorial :smiley:

Can this do materials as well as animations?
Because my vfxs look so lame without the materials

No, because of robloxā€™s limitations

When i press create animatable, it asks for a rig file. What is that?

Read the documentation which is at the top of this topic

hi i exported from blender with the export option: roblox modifiers animation but when i want to import on roblox with create animation, it only accepts ā€œrigsā€ and cant select the exported fbx

Donā€™t use with robloxā€™s button to import rigs, use the plugin button, it allows you to import fbx.

Blender plugin is outdated. It is not working anymore.

I havenā€™t touched this for about 2 years, I might need to rewrite the whole thing ;-;