Modifiers Animation | Import modifiers animation from Blender to Roblox Studio

Probably u not installed the add-on.

3 Likes

Ohhh I’m sorry i didn’t see that i got it thank you!

2 Likes

Blender is a very deep alley for me to get invested into. I was testing out on blender 2.92 but it seems like there are some issues when I try to import your example files to roblox.
this is the file.

After I import it, I get the error message no fbx file was selected even though the file above is an fbx file. Do you know why this is happening?

I also wanna add that there are no animation playing in blender when importing the fbx file. Is this because importing breaks the rig or could it be some issues with blender.

2 Likes

Hello, the first warning(No FBX file selected) is informing you that you not selected other file, this means that u finish import, and the second warnings means that you not imported the module to play the animation, and you can’t use the animation in blender cause this files are exported from blender, not are the blender files, here (1,9 MB) is a blender file example(u can export it to roblox using the blender addon).

3 Likes

Thank you. I was wondering if there was a possibility of importing one file to roblox instead of having to import each file

2 Likes

Not for now, because of roblox tris limit.

2 Likes

@Lopi_light Does physics modifiers (such as cloth, soft body, etc.) works with this? because i need to make a flag, and it could be really useful if physics modifiers are supported!

2 Likes

Hmm, I think no because it uses weld constraint, but on next update it will uses weld.

3 Likes

Ohh, I thought you are talking roblox physics, but, with physics modifiers should works, else let me know(what modifier is) to update the blender add-on.

4 Likes

IT works all fine and good but as soon as it finishes playing it deletes and says displayFrame:FindFirstChildOfClass(‘MeshPart’).Parent = keyframesContainer that that line has no parent and it continues forever adding millions of error messages

2 Likes

Oh, what error is exactly throwing?

2 Likes

How do I get the Blender add-on?
Imputing doesn’t work for me, I followed the instructions and an invisible shape appears, but I run it and nothing happens.

2 Likes

First, did you import the module?, and here is the blender add-on(how to install)

2 Likes

Oh umm sorry I got it figured out.
But thanks for taking your time.

1 Like

Is there any possibility that you have a version that simply switches between special mesh ids? For neon colours we might be able to use this method: How To Have Functioning Emissive Textures! I know it’s not a solution but do you think this workaround would work?

2 Likes

It seems to work, I tried it, the problem is that customizing the colors is somewhat difficult(with white it works perfectly), for example, red is weird with this trick(also another trick is setting the VertexColor to 5, 5, 5(for white) and a white texture, but thanks, I’m considering more make a little version with special mesh(I hope roblox add support to use materials with special mesh)

2 Likes

If only roblox has support for these essential properties :frowning:

1 Like

HEY! nc plug in but for some reason the way you told us the tutorial ain’t working for me. Mind if you could make a vid tutorial?

1 Like

Thanks, I’m plan to do a video tutorial in the next update, bc some things would change, I’m making a UI like the built-in roblox animator plugin.

1 Like

ah thx that’s a life saver since for some reason It won’t work for me
it only imports it but doesn’t do any animations what so ever.

1 Like