Modular Road Kits

Hello there!
I’m making a modular road kit using Blender. However I’m running into some issues.
I chose to use 3D meshes over parts because the use of PBR and smoothed curves fit my needs for building out a grid.

All the segments are based off of a 40x40 stud scale and the addons like UV mapped sidewalks, and bridge segments are loosely following that scale rule. I made the roundabout with the smooth curved road, and made a special segment to transition the roads into the roundabout.

I’ve checked every single segment, vertex, face, and I’ve counted and calculated everything for this kit to ensure smooth and seamless connections, but the problem is even if I align the segments with the transform tool, there are small enough gaps, and crooked parts that can cause a larger gap the further out you build your road grid. I’m not sure what I could be doing wrong, and I would appreciate some assistance and feedback on this subject.

(The image above should illustrate the gaps created from minor imperfections in the grid.)

(This is on one of my roundabouts)

1 Like

the origins of the parts. I belive the transform tool aligns parts based on the origin of the parts. If the origins are aligned, then neither will the parts.

looks like someone had the same issue Importing a Mesh should include an 'Origin' Attachment if the geometry gets shifted from its original position (they got a solution)

I don’t think the issue I’m having has anything to do with the origin point of my meshes. I’m dragging a single 1x1 stud cube and am currently trying to snap its vertex to the vertex of a relatively simple mesh, but the cube will not align to the vertex of the given mesh.

Here’s said gap, although negligible in most cases, I do not want to suffer the consequences of ignoring this over the course of building.

Here’s the mesh in question.

I’m thinking this is 100% a fault on Roblox’s end, and I can’t think of a quicker solution rather than relying on resize align for this.

Some meshes are not able to be resize aligned due to the axis that the bounding box was imported.
I decided to import a layout put together in Blender, and lo and behold it worked.

I can confirm there are no mystery gaps and misalignments. Roblox doesn’t seem to handle meshes that well at all.