Monkey Poop [City] Devlog

Thanks for the comments. I am working on Zone based music to set the atmosphere for gneral gameplay, boss fights, the monkey king etc and agree that it is important to gain link the music to events.

I’ve only recently started to learn animations, so they should improve with time hopefully. tbh the animations on the other animals are quite clunky as well, the lion looks like he is on rails as he has no knee joints.

We had around 250 players over the weekend testing and things seemed to go well. Oddly no comments from DevForum members.

The next piece of work is to add more “weapons” other than throwing poop to the game, so as players progress, they get access to better things scattered around the city such as cakes, tasers, cattle prods, grenades.

Also been given a great idea for the next monkey king mission which I was struggling with to make interesting. I will preview it once finished.

1 Like

i am bored in 1 minute of playing the game

Work continues slowly. I took 2 weeks off doing any work on this as I get burnt out (or fed up) of working on it. We now have the first 10 missions almost completed to a satisfactory standard, with just fine tuning to go.

Recent updates:

• a more responsive Animal Control AI who will chase on sight. If he loses sight of you then he heads to your last known location.
  • a rather trigger happy Bank Guard who shoots on sight. He forms an integral part of a future mission.
  • a damage UI which aids feedback to players when interacting with in-game objects
  • adaptive event driven music. This is a bit contentious, but in any AAA title, background music changes as players enter new scenes or fight bosses. I’m starting to replicate this feel but with a very limited Roblox curated sound track
  • Endless bug fixes