Monthly Experience Stats Data - Total Robux (Gross) number is wrong

Reproduction Steps

1. Download the spreadsheet for Monthly Experience Stats Data of Cooking in the Rain for December 2021

2. Compare total robux(gross) figure of the spreadsheet in step 1 with downloaded Monthly Revenue Data for December 2021

3. Compare total robux(gross) figure of the spreadsheet in step 1 with data table broken down by month in the experience tab of Roblox

4. Notice the HUGE discrepancy between the total robux(gross) figure on the spreadsheet compared to the figures found elsewhere in steps 2 and 3 (up to 70% less)

Device Info

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:96.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/96.0
Platform Type: PC
Device Type: Computer

Expected Behavior
The downloaded monthly experience stats spreadsheet is usually pretty reliable, and tracks closely with other source of stats, however this month I think it is plain wrong. I do not believe that out of a sudden for this month, 70% of the robux purchased do not count due to fraud.
Besides, December should be one of the highest spending month and I did not see any significant drop off in my active players in this month.
In short, I expect the stats to be accurate.

Actual Behavior
Wrong stat is shown. The spreadsheet is showing 70% less total robux(gross) compared to other source of info.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Roblox
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Very Rarely
Date First Experienced: 2022-01-19 00:01:00 (+11:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-01-19 00:01:00 (+11:00)
A private message is associated with this bug report

2 Likes

Hi @misternicekai
Thanks for reporting the issue! Our data has something wrong so the monthly stats report is generated with a wrong robux number. Please refer to the revenue report for December as it should have the accurate data on the revenue you get.
Regarding the robux you get from experience tab, that does not count and tax withholding from roblox platform so the number is always larger than what you see in the report, which is the most accurate one.
We are planning to improve the experience here and give one central experience to reflect the revenue related information inside Creator Dashboard.
Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks.

4 Likes

Hello, i see that from the other thread:

that "This issue is being worked on. " So just another update on this issue:

I just downloaded the January Stats data, and this time the total robux (gross) is being OVERcounted compared to my manual calculation by a large degree (+50%), so that and all the other stats related to revenue (ARPU…ARPPU, etc) are all unreliable.

It looks like the system is taking some December earnings and counting it as January earnings?

Would this be fixed so that I am able to re-download the correct stats? I know that I can use my manual calculations, but being able to compare to stats of the other top games is always nice.

1 Like