Moon Animator 2 does not recognize model as rig

Hi, I am relatively new at rigging custom models, and I’ve been using RigEdit Lite to add joints in the hope of being able to animate these models in the future. Two days ago, I tried using Moon Animator 2, but for some reason, it isn’t recognizing any of my models as rigs (and thus won’t let me animate them correctly).

In one specific example, I created a cat model for the player to become in part of my game. I built the model with the default Studio modeling tools, and rigged it (again with RigEdit Lite). I made sure to use only joints and not welds (though I did weld the HumanoidRootPart to the LowerTorso). However, Moon Animator 2 does not allow me to choose the “rig” option when adding the model. I looked up this issue online and found a video, a Reddit post, and a forum post. The video said that I needed to set the PrimaryPart, which I had already done (I set it to HumanoidRootPart). The Reddit post said that I needed to add a humanoid and set the PrimaryPart (I already added a humanoid). The forum post suggested adding a humanoid, setting the PrimaryPart, and adding an AnimationController (so then I tried adding the controller, which did not fix the problem). A reply from the original poster in 2021 said that they had already added all of those things (just as I did) and were still facing the same problem. There was no reply, so I was still lost.

I’ve attached the model’s Explorer part hierarchy. What is the problem? Is it related to the model or Moon Animator 2? Are there any alternatives? (I know there’s a default animator, but I heard Moon was great, and I got it when it was free).

Oh, I’ve also tried creating a more basic model with the same process, and it did not work.

Make sure that the model has a PrimaryPart Set inside The Cat Model
image_2024-07-12_180157395

I did that already. I don’t mean to be rude, but I mentioned in the post that I already did that.

I just noticed and read that oops sorry about that but I have another Idea, Link the HumanoidRootPart to Upper Torso and Lower Torso and keep rigging out from there. Since nothing seems to be attached to the Rootpart

Another issue I notice in the Rig you Have a AnimationController and Humanoid in the same rig you can use Humanoid to Animate stuff without needing the need of animationController

1 Like

No worries! lol.

Hmm…The WeldContraint links the HumanoidRootPart to the LowerTorso. Should I try just using a Motor6D?