More colors allowed for avatar customization

Not sure if this is the right category for this, but I’m posting this here.

So… How about some more colors for avatars? Being stuck with the old palette online is getting sort of limiting when I know colors that match better exist within studio.

Here’s an example.

Recently I’ve been wearing these zootopia promotional fox ears, and this is the closest color currently available for avatar usage I’ve been using.

However, a closer color exists ingame, but is not available in the avatar menu at the moment.

I’ve ran into this issue with other hats I’d like to match my body colors with too.

I don’t exactly see a reason for the number of avatar colors to be so limited with existing accessible colors elsewhere.

9 Likes

I’m 99% certain it’s a website thing. The other colors exist in the engine so there isn’t a reason we shouldn’t be able to use them on avatars.

Can we also get this color update so we can use other body tones besides white, brown, and spray-on tan? While they’re not perfect, the new palette’s colors have been quite an extension on skin.

It’d be cool to have the hexagonal color selection menu ported to the website.

6 Likes

One issue would be a reduction in user experience (user might be overwhelmed with large amount of choices; consider Roblox age demographic and see Hick’s law).

But either way, this would be nice to have. Would be great if there was a button that let us display “Basic” colors or Advanced Colors (all colors) and pick from that.

4 Likes

That’s just another choice they have to make, and nobody would use the basic colors

Yeah, I don’t think it’s necessary to split up the colors like that since players would probably love more customization. I personally would love to see more body colors and I don’t think it’s that overwhelming of an amount.

I’m sure (or at least hope) it’ll happen whenever the avatar customization gets an update. Selecting body colors isn’t exactly a smooth experience. The page reloads every time you select a color.

2 Likes