More descriptive information on Featured Games Nominations

Hi, I’d like to suggest that featured games that are nominated have the following things implemented:

• A ‘Q & A’ pinned thread, with information on what featured games are, what makes a game eligible for being featured, and a guide on how to make a good feature-worthy game

• A format that all featured games must use, including a list of assets, and perhaps a license list (if applicable) which must be used

I think this would help weed out the bad fits (i.e. games which are already front-page, and games which use copyrighted assets) and generally make it easier to give an opinion on featured games.

This is not appropriate to put in a forum post, I would consider the links to the assets and the license information private for various reasons. Moreover a game owner does not have to provide this information to Roblox at all unless there is doubt about the origin of the works inside the game. This is not something to preemptively provide publicly for anyone with a devforum account to read.

A Q&A thread may be a bit overkill, but we could do with a better pinned thread that describes a bit what that category should be like. I recently requested to put a link to the featured game guidelines in this thread: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/about-the-featured-game-sort-category/39, but it could still do with a replacement for the first paragraph to make the category more clear, and I also think some of the information there is outdated.

The reason I ask for the license list is so that the users understand that they need to have a documented list, and that they must have permission for all the assets they use.

All it should be is the Asset ID and the Copyright owner. There doesn’t need to be any PII involved or any legal documents. It should just be assumed that the nominee is being truthful.

Also, I think that a Q&A post would be super useful, but anything that ensures people don’t think Featured games are just ‘i like my game, feature it’ - it should be for hidden gems, not games with thousands of players already and which are already on the front page.

thanks for addressing this though :+1: