More Royalty-free Sound effects

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to find high quality sound effects that we can legally use.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because it will be less tempting to pirate sound effects from other sources, or use potentially pirated sounds uploaded by other users.

(I’m talking about adding more sound effects by Roblox)

Roblox has an amazing selection of music in its library.
While that’s amazing, we’re lacking when it comes to sound effects.
It would be nice to have more sound effects.

50 Likes

They should do something like with Monstercat collaboration and have a link where we can see a whole inventory of sound effects as well too.

7 Likes

I support this! :slight_smile: Currently, developers are unable to effectively search the Library for high quality, royalty free sounds.

For developers who are unwilling or unable to upload their own audio due to the cost or labor required, but who still wish to include high quality sounds in their game, there aren’t many options available. Trusting that sounds in the Library are rights-free isn’t a tenable solution unless they are uploaded by Roblox.

Even in a perfect world where the Library only contained royalty free sounds, there would still be the issue of searching the Library efficiently. Right now, the search tool is pretty bare, and it can be very challenging to find a specific sound by name alone. Most queries are polluted by pages of irrelevant results. The addition of sound subcategories would help developers to find more relevant results. (e.g. filtering by Music, SFX, Roblox Verified, or Public sounds).

I also agree that more extensive sound packs produced by Roblox would be very expedient. It would be very convenient to have a costless, reliable, rights-free, quality assured resource for the most common types of sounds (UI interaction, tool sfx, natural ambience, etc), if for no other reason than to be used as placeholders until time can be afforded to develop more game-specific audio.

6 Likes