Most efficient method of vehicle movement

I am currently making a tank, and I attached hinge constraints (configured to motor) to the wheels to make the tank able to move. Is this the best way to do it? And if the answer to that is yes, then what if I was making a more highspeed vehicle (like a sport car)? Would it still be the most efficient way?

2 Likes

I never messed up much with vehicle movement, but i believe that moving the car along without the wheels and such, and just making the wheels move when the car is on the ground and running, is much simpler and works much better imo, but as i said, i never tried anything like that, i’m using unity car development as source for this reply, but it’s worth trying!

I think most of the vehicle rig’s I’ve seen posted use cylindrical constraints to drive the wheels.

Hi Sir_Highness lol didnt expect to see you here. Btw how does that work. Does the steering use the wheels as well?

Yeah, there is a really good video series walking you through how to create one, its worth going through to see how it works even if you don’t end up using the model you build:

1 Like