Most efficient/common way to make a standard building

With all the work I’ve done since 2016, creating buildings for me didn’t have a specific “conduct” to abide. All I did was eye-ball measurements of walls and just left it as long it stood out as a physical building.

But as I developed more skills the past few years, I wanted to know what should I at least have or know and not do an act of “flawness”. Here’s some questions I have in mind.

How tall should I make my building (one floor), to the point where it’s not too tall but tall enough for you to jump.

Should I lay out rooms then start filling them in, or just do one whole room at a time? (organization)

How should I balance my lighting, including windows with sun rays (basically natural lighting)?

These are just a few questions I have in mind and I apologize if this topic is sloppy, it’s my first time really creating a topic. If there’s any tips or tricks that you’d like to share, I’d be pleased to know what they are and how I could benefit as a developer who’s been developing for nearly 4 years, yet not really making their work the best it could’ve been.

2 Likes

May I suggest you go through any tutorials, articles in roblox dev and then tutorials in youtube and then build something and show us what you have built with any questions about what you could have done better.

How tall should I make my building?

Well, it depends on the number of buildings you would like to create, for example in a city you could use a different number of floors for different buildings, but if you would like to make 1 building, I would recommend going for about 2-3 floors.

Should I lay out rooms then start filling them in, or just do one whole room at a time?

For that, I would say that you could lay them out first because if not that you would be spending a lot of time on just one room instead of everything else, but again if you are only making one building then if I were you I would just do the whole room at a time.

How should I balance my lighting, including windows with sun rays (basically natural lighting)?

I think that you shouldn’t make the lighting stand out too much but at the same time try not to make it stand out too less (if you know what I mean), basically just try to make the lighting neutral so that people won’t focus too much on the lighting.

Conclusion

Overall I wish you good luck with whatever you are trying to make and I hope that my answers would ever so slightly help you with your creating.

3 Likes

I appreciate the response, but with first question, how tall should I make one floor? (studs)