Most plugins broken: UI Theme is not a valid member of Studio "Studio"

Most of my installed plugins aren’t working now due to a strange bug with UI theme being a missing member.

This started when I downloaded and opened the place file contained in this devforum reply. It forced a studio update, closing my open studio windows. When studio had completed updating and opened that place file, I was getting the UI Theme not valid errors/warnings.

I reinstalled roblox from www.roblox.com/download, but no dice. Then I deleted my User/AppData/Local/Roblox directory and did another install, still erroring.

As a backup; the placefile that caused this problem is here. I don’t recommend downloading it and opening it. GameNotWorking.rbxl (31.2 KB)

1 Like

I launched studio with user plugins disabled. UI Theme works fine on included Animation plugin

welp it’s been removed according to the version 477 changelog

A few plugins did have pending updates that resolved this. The rest must must just be a little late on the change.

I’ve uploaded a fixed version of the class conversion plugin using Studio.Theme instead

https://www.roblox.com/library/6809106176/QuentyClassConverter-fixed-ui-theme-thing

Sorry for the disruption wrt plugin breakage. We didn’t realize that many existing plugins rely on this - we are going to revert the removal of this property with a Studio patch tomorrow morning. Plugin authors are still encouraged to migrate to the new Theme API but existing plugins should start working again tomorrow.

14 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.