Motor6D Toolbox | For all (or most...) of your Motor6D needs!

Disclaimer, this post is a work in progress! It might get some changes every once in a while!

OVERVIEW

Motor6D Toolbox is a free and open-source motor6d and welding plugin inspired by the Nexus Motor6D Creator plugin by @TheNexusAvenger

This plugin is built using RBLXGUI for it’s UI, and Ceive ImGizmo for it’s gizmos!

FUNCTIONALITY

MOTORS

Banner1Gif

Creating motors should be pretty straight forward. Select your Pivot (Part0), click the appropriate button on the plugin widget, repeat the same process for the Part1, and click the create motor button!

Your Motor6D should be automatically selected afterwards, and displayed with a handy gizmo!

ADVANCED OPTIONS

Advanced options offer a wide variety of QOL features, along side other miscellaneous functions to aid you in working with your Motors!

This section is a work-in-progress! It will get finished at a later date!

Currently, advanced options are listed as follow:

• NAME MOTOR AFTER PART0 - Names the motor the same as it’s Part0.
  • PARENT TO SELECTED - Parents the motor to a specified instance, instead of it’s Part0.
  • MAKE MOTOR SPIN INFINITELY - Makes the desired angle of the motor infinite.
    | POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE - The direction of the infinite spin (might become CW / CCW).
  • GIZMOS
    | SHOW GIZMOS - Either show or hide gizmos (defaults to ON)
    | COLORS - Change the colors of your gizmos.
  • C0 OFFSET - Apply a C0 offset to any motor you create, or select. (Gizmo will be affected!)

WELDING

Banner2

Welding objects together works just like motors, except here you are able to select MULTIPLE Part1’s!

Just like motors, you are able to name the welds, which in this case, will follow the “Part0 to Part1” naming format, to help you see which weld is which!

SMART WELDING

WARNING, THIS FEATURE IS EXPERIMENTAL AND HAS A CHANCE TO BREAK!

Smart weld is a feature designed to help with welding multiple models at once!

For example, say you had to weld a complex door with multiple models composing it, without smart weld, you’d have to weld each model individually, one by one. With smart weld, however, you are able to simply select the models you wanna weld, select one of the 4 smart welding options, and simply click the Create Smart Weld button to create your welds!

Currently, Smart Weld options are listed as follow:

This section is a work-in-progress! It will get finished at a later date!
  • WELD TO RANDOM - Welds all children of a model to a random child of said model.
  • WELD TO LARGEST - Welds all children of a model to the largest BasePart of said model.
  • WELD TO INSTANCE - Welds all children of all selected models to a set instance.
  • WELD TO NAMED - Welds all children of a model to a child with a specified name.

GETTING THE PLUGIN

If this plugin has caught your interest and you would like to try it out, you are able to get it through:

CREATOR HUB - For quick access! | GITHUB - To view the source code!

KNOWN ISSUES

• Arrow gizmos don’t follow C0 rotation offset properly - INVESTIGATING

PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO THIS PLUGIN!

This is my first ever plugin and probably most fully fledged solo project!
While it was fun to make, it uh, definitely has it’s quirks…

I want the community to have a relatively helpful tool that is also easily accessible, but my current knowledge on how to make some features is well, absent!

Contributing to this plugin by perhaps giving tips on how to improve some of the code (I pray for anyone that decides to dig through it… :angst:) or even going further and adding features YOU deem helpful for other users is INCREDIBLY APPRECIATED and will not go unnoticed!

Have fun using this thing!

If you’d like to perhaps contact me with any questions or concerns about this plugin, my DMs are open for inquires through Discord @ EmotiveCloudiest !

4 Likes

Hmmm. Its privated. That may be an issue

1 Like

This is really helpful and interesting, I can’t wait to use this for characters, models, etc.

(motor6d toolbox is privated tho pls unprivate it)

1 Like

Plugin should now be public!

(The character limit is uh, something for sure…)

Phew… it’s free. I was a bit scared if it would have been paid. Thanks!

Hey there, to anyone trying to access the github repo for the source, it should be public now.

Do be aware this is the first time I’ve ever actually uploaded stuff to github, so not exactly sure as to how formatting plugin uploads works over there as of yet.