Motor6Ds Directly Affected By Frame Rate

When I was testing with my new 120hz laptop display and a DLL injector that unlocks the frame cap, I noticed that Motor6Ds in an upcoming game go a lot faster than they should. The video above shows a green part with a BodyAngularVelocity (expected result) and a red part with a Motor6D. The speed of the red part decreases when the frame rate decreases, and increases when I unlock the frame rate.

Repro file: Motor Speed Bug.rbxl (13.9 KB)
Frame rate limiter: https://www.roblox.com/library/393398335/Render-Settings-Plugin

3 Likes

Funny, the animations on character also gets slower when they lag or get bad frame rates. That sure is probably expected or not.

Or maybe not, I’m not entirely sure.

1 Like

This explains my old computer having super slow Motor6Ds… Funny.

This is probably just that somebody forgot to move this to physics code instead of frame update (or not)

1 Like

I have a fix for this issue, I will try and get the fix out as soon as possible. The fix should be released in a couple of weeks.

7 Likes

thank you thank you thank you

1 Like

Has this fix been pushed? I don’t have an easy way to test it myself and I’m planning on creating things that rely on precise timing of Motor6D rotation

I forgot to update the thread, sorry! This fix has been enabled for a few months now :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.