MotorVehicle - Chassis Programming Made Easy

I have quit, raycast chassis just doesn’t work on Roblox well, and I don’t have time to experiment.

4 Likes

That’s sad to hear, Why do you think raycast chassis wont work?

2 Likes

It’s tied to framerate, not the physics step. Thus, if framerate drops, raycast chassis will begin acting silly. Roblox doesn’t provide a way to tie something to physics, so we will have to wait for it until they add it.

2 Likes

I’m sure there is a work around? Are you using renderstepped?

1 Like

No, heartbeat. And there is no workaround, it is impossible as it’s engine limitation that should be addressed by Roblox.

4 Likes

Pretty nice, but config’s should be required from the server as exploiters can simplely do

require(workspace.Vehicles.Car).torque = math.huge()
print('Car has been tamped with!')'
2 Likes

Players have network ownership, so they can move the vehicle to anywhere already. It’s the best to prevent that behavior on the server (eg. speed checks, altitude checks, etc.)

1 Like

Would it be possible to share your implementation though? I would love to experiment with, and eventually it can serve as context for a feature request.

1 Like

This make 0000000.00000.000 sense.

1 Like

Thanks for your constructive response with proper evidence to back up your claim.

How would you imagine “simplely requiring from the server”?

Since you have obviously checked the code, you saw this fragment already:

As you had seen DriverSeat.SetNetworkOwner(player), you knew that the client has full control over the vehicle. They can teleport it, tween it, fly with the vehicle around, etc.

Because of that, you surely thought: “even if I require the module on the server, it won’t do anything, since I have to compute it on the client. The server knows nothing about what input is active”

Alright, but sarcasm aside, are you really an advocate for computing a vehicle on the server (aka big load of input lag)? Or is your comment based on a lack of research?

4 Likes

Hello we are looking for someone with experience in vehicle chassis and design and were impressed with the MotorVehicle system and will commission you $200 USD PayPal for an expansion of this system to fit our game. Please message me if interested and provide a way to contact you reliably.

The system we are asking for expanded development on would be the MotorVehicle Example Project:
MotorVehicle Example Project.rbxl (764.4 KB)

Thanks!

1 Like

Might actually try this out since it seems worthwhile.

1 Like

Hiya,

Is there any more progress on the racyasting version of MotorVehicle?

Thanks

2 Likes

Sadly, no. I don’t really have time for it, and I know very little about cars. I did try rewriting A-Chassis, and it’s great, so I might release that as an alternative to the outdated classic A-Chassis that a lot of people are using.

3 Likes

That would be much appreciated

is there an date when the ray-casting chassis will release?

Sorry, It won’t release because I am not working on it. I have moved on.

Hey, I plan on using this in a project of mine, how can i make it drift?

I am not sure, but I would imagine that reducing the friction on the wheels would make the vehicle drift.

Hmm, how can i change the friction on the fly… yk like during runtime.