Mountain valley inspired by the High Tatras

Still a work in progress, not sure if i will even continue with this project due to the many issues that Roblox terrain has. Feedback is welcome :smiley:

24 Likes

It looks absolutely beautiful. I can see it becoming a good showcase game.

2 Likes

Absolutely stunning work. Love the inclusion of scree, realism of the grooves contained within mountains like they would in nature, the use and mix of many different materials, extremely detailed grass outcroppings or otherwise flat areas, atmosphere & lighting (for the last picture,) tree variation and difference in density and size (some areas are more densely forested) and lastly the inclusion of a secluded and small pristine lake. Absolutely wonderful, you could fit a cozy and isolated little cabin and make it more foggy than it already is to create another one of your stupendous and outstanding smooth terrain showcases. Can’t wait to see what creations you concoct up next!

2 Likes

Romanian floppa, you shall recolor the grass

1 Like

The terrain is really good, there’s a few things I think you could change with it though.

• Lightning kinda seems a bit dull and could feel a little bit more immersive personally.
  • Secondly just a little bit more variety but that’s just my overall opinion on that side of things.

Overall good work!

1 Like

Really good terrain work man. I would change quite a few things though, variety on the pine trees leaves color as well as more realistic water color. I’d also suggest adding a more fitting/realistic skybox and maybe mess around with the lightning a little until you make it look as realistic as possible. I can’t tell if you used atmosphere or not but doesn’t look like it to me, add that and I think it’d look much better! Overall the terrain is perfect as I said! :clap:

1 Like

This looks amazing :heart_eyes:! Keep up the work. The only thing that I would change is the amount of snow in the mountains seems too little.
Other than that it’s perfect :smiley:!

1 Like

Did you use heightmaps? They released a lot of new features.

He did not use heightmaps. @FIorentius used the default terrain editor. Heightmaps cannot create this detailed of a showcase, anyways.

1 Like

Wow this is amazing then. I am a heightmap artist who uses world creator, and I use that to get the basic shape, then I edit it by hand.

2 Likes

It’s supposed to look like summer, i’ve personally seen patches of snow in shaded valleys as late as august up in the alpine zone of the Carpathians.

1 Like

Ah is see in that case good job!

This map gives me Dinosaur Simulator vibes lmaooooo

Amazing job! I love the attention to detail in the mountains, but also the grassland, and I love the grouping and placement of the trees, as well as the lake! Just one suggestion, maybe add some snow on the higher peeks of the mountains. Otherwise, amazing job! God Bless, and keep up the great work! :smiley:

2 Likes

very good

this is very, very good

2 Likes

This Is Beautiful And Great Is Giant Keep Up With The Work.

2 Likes

This has to be the BEST showcase I’ve ever seen. Nothing beats this, if only Roblox introduced better graphics and terrain layout with better looking grass this would make it better. It reminds me of Alpic countries such as Italy, Austria, Germany, Switzerland and Liechtenstein because of their extremely unique landscape.