Mountains - Update Log

:wave:t2: Welcome to the Update Log of Mountains! :mountain_snow:
:construction: The game is not released yet! :construction:
This is a place where various updates regarding the still
in development game “Mountains :mountain_snow:” are stored.

Click me to see an explanation of the new update:

A new update has been released!
This update is the biggest update I’ve ever done on Mountains. Leaving aside the story, I changed a few things and fixed the most bizarre bugs.
By now the game is almost 100% and I can’t wait to finish the story and invent the endings. See you soon!
Thanks for following the latest news from Mountains. See you soon!

:page_facing_up: Update Log :pushpin:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
:wrench: NEW
:white_small_square: New custom Backpack GUI
:white_small_square: New music for Mountains
:hammer_and_pick: Changes
:white_small_square: Buttons will now not be huge when playing mobile
:white_small_square: The leaderboard is now smaller and has new colors
:white_small_square: Particles in the game now create less lag
:hammer_and_wrench: Fixes
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that allowed players to go off the map
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that allowed players to “break” the car while teleporting
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that allowed players to get out of the car without pressing the button
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that prevented teleportation if the player exited the car first
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that caused the music to turn down over time
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug where if someone left the server while they were in the machine, the machine itself “broke” causing all the others to crash
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that allowed players to walk around the map during the initial cutscene
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that caused a false exploiting positive if the player jumped while teleporting between zones
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug where the monster sometimes didn’t appear
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug where the monster sometimes didn’t cause any damage to players
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that allowed the monster to sit and stand still
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that prevented textures from loading correctly
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that prevented decals from loading correctly
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that prevented sounds from loading properly
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented the player from loading correctly
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented the cutscene from loading correctly
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that sometimes “canceled” the transaction when purchasing a gamepass
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that caused all gamepasses to not work properly
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that caused the shop not to appear
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that caused the shop to not work a few times

:file_cabinet: Update Archive :pushpin:

Update 08/30/2021
Click me to see an explanation of the new update:

This update is the biggest update I’ve ever done on Mountains. Leaving aside the story, I changed a few things and fixed the most bizarre bugs.
By now the game is almost 100% and I can’t wait to finish the story and invent the endings. See you soon!

:page_facing_up: Update Log :pushpin:
:wrench: NEW
:white_small_square: New custom Backpack GUI
:white_small_square: New music for Mountains
:hammer_and_pick: Changes
:white_small_square: Buttons will now not be huge when playing mobile
:white_small_square: The leaderboard is now smaller and has new colors
:white_small_square: Particles in the game now create less lag
:hammer_and_wrench: Fixes
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that allowed players to go off the map
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that allowed players to “break” the car while teleporting
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that allowed players to get out of the car without pressing the button
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that prevented teleportation if the player exited the car first
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that caused the music to turn down over time
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug where if someone left the server while they were in the machine, the machine itself “broke” causing all the others to crash
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that allowed players to walk around the map during the initial cutscene
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that caused a false exploiting positive if the player jumped while teleporting between zones
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug where the monster sometimes didn’t appear
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug where the monster sometimes didn’t cause any damage to players
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that allowed the monster to sit and stand still
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that prevented textures from loading correctly
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that prevented decals from loading correctly
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that prevented sounds from loading properly
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented the player from loading correctly
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented the cutscene from loading correctly
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that sometimes “canceled” the transaction when purchasing a gamepass
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that caused all gamepasses to not work properly
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that caused the shop not to appear
:white_small_square: Fixed a bug that caused the shop to not work a few times

Update 01/06/2020
Click me to see an explanation of the update:

In this “small but significant” update, a few things have been integrated that the game will need for the various endings.
Let’s start with these “things that will be needed in the future”; I finally completed the map I mentioned in the last update, and a masterpiece has come out! The new map is much bigger than the previous one, this is because as I said in the last update, the story would have foreseen something bigger. Even if it has been completed, it is still not accessible, or rather: it is but I still have to develop and integrate the boss fight for an ending, and many other models that I will have to do by replacing my free time dedicated to scripting, for this.
As for the story for the moment I can say that it is ~ 80% complete, and that it was written in the game. Still the parts I have to see are unplayable for the moment. As soon as I finish the boss fight, I will have time to review, correct and insert the sentences in the playable part.
I’ve made some changes in the last few days, which you can find in the checklist.
Thanks to XphantomXita for helping me with the map and the story!

:white_small_square: Christmas event is no longer in the Mountains Lobby.
:white_small_square: Updated the covers of the game and the updates page.
:white_small_square: Added the entire story to the game; however, it still needs to be seen and corrected.
:white_small_square: Initial map created.
:white_small_square: Updated various scripts with more functional codes.
:white_small_square: Major backend changes.
:white_small_square: Major bug fixes.

Update 12/25/2020
Click me to see an explanation of the update:

In this update, I have been working on some gaps in the game, improving phone stability and implementing new mechanics, new story and a new map.
The gaps I have improved in the game are in the lobby, mostly they were things I forgot to implement and left unfinished, or weird bugs that were caused by new things I put in
Anyway, now I have everything sorted out.
One thing I want to talk about is a very big problem, which is the problem of stability from the phone.
Doing a quick calculation, about 60% of people play Roblox on their mobile. Games that require higher performing hardware may be unplayable by phone, they require a computer with a minimum of stability, so I’m trying to implement some things that will be needed for those who have cell phones or not very performing computers. What I am trying to implement is a function connected to a button, which scales the graphic resolution adapting it for non-performing machines. For now the function will set the graphic quality in the following settings: Lighting> Technology: Compatibility, Workspace> All Bricks> Material: Smooth Plastic.
Leaving aside the question of mobile stability, I want to talk about new mechanics, new story and new map (still incomplete);
A few days ago I realized that the game’s setting required a larger map and much more “immersed” in nature. This is why I set to work to develop a map that reflected my expectations; During this process, unfortunately it will not be possible to test the game, because I have to import it from one side to the other. By the next update everything should be ready. With a new map, there will also be a new story! I can’t talk too much about it, because otherwise it would be a spoiler, but I just want to tell you that the script is long = ~ 300 and will have to be revised several times.
I think I have told you everything, now I will leave you to the list of all the things that have been fixed / added / removed from the game. Thanks for following the latest news from Mountains. See you soon!

:white_small_square: Christmas has even arrived in the Mountains lobby! A Christmas setting has been added to the game!
:white_small_square: Game lag has been decreased.
:white_small_square: A new setting is in development.
:white_small_square: Fixed the bug that allowed you to “fly” in certain areas of the map.
:white_small_square: Fixed the bug that allowed the player to walk through some parkour pillars.
:white_small_square: Fixed the bug that allowed the player to spawn inside a car.
:white_small_square: Fixed incorrect prices in GUIs.
:white_small_square: Added a new permanent revised GUI.

Update 12/22/2020

:white_small_square: Game lag has been dramatically decreased.
:white_small_square: Improved the interface loading system.
:white_small_square: Redesigned the in-game city.
:white_small_square: Non-docked parts now do not lower the performance levels of a mobile device.