Mouse cursor missing in Roblox UWP App

Most of the time, when I use the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) Roblox app, the cursor disappears when launching a game. Reading reviews of the UWP app on the Microsoft Store, it looks like other Roblox players are experiencing the same issue.

Video of this happening: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yir8yEkGdKXwl-oZcbKWKBlfSczPJf2c/view?usp=sharing

6 Likes

It appears that this may be fixed. I’ll post if I see it again.
Should this be in the Mobile bugs category? (Where should UWP bugs be posted?)

I had the same issue after the most recent update, I just reinstalled roblox player and everything was fine.

edit: I am not comprehensive in the slightest.

This doesn’t pertain to the player. UWP is the universal app for windows-based devices.

To respond to NewFissy, I think it’s more of an engine bug rather than mobile? if it only pertains to a certain version. There should be a UWP bug category.

2 Likes

Update on this bug after some testing:

It appears to happen consistently during a single execution of the UWP app (still in v 404),
and when it doesn’t happen, it is consistent during that single execution of the app.
(regardless of how many games are entered and left, stays working, or stays not working.)

So to reproduce this, if it doesn’t happen, exit the UWP app (not game) and restart it until it happens.

Not only do the standard pointers not show up (the ones you’d expect after using Mouse.Icon = "")
but others don’t show either–Except for the de facto target and target-w/reload icons which do appear:

rbxasset://textures/GunCursor.png
rbxasset://textures/GunWaitCursor.png

So the error seems to prevent the download of icon assets, as the ones above are local.
The default pointer icons are local as well, but don’t work as it appears that once this bug happens,
the "" alias, if you will, for them won’t work because they never got loaded?

Seems like now this issue was fixed, I didn’t experienced this bug again for a while now, also what I did to trigger it was closing the app while playing any game and then, once opened again, the cursor would disappear.