Mouse doesn't move in first person

When you zoom into first person and move your mouse very slowly to the right, the camera won’t move at all or it will move slowly to the left instead. I imagine it must make sniping a pain for people who like that kind of stuff.

The bug always happens for me. It happens on the main site. I first noticed it about a month ago on one of the gametests and I posted it in the gametest forum thinking it would be seen and dealt with. It might be older or younger than that, though, because I don’t normally go into first person mode.

2 Likes

Has it ever moved in first-person? I thought it was supposed to lock itself.
If you put a GUI button visible on the screen with the Modal property checked as TRUE, the mouse can move freely.

Ah, no, apologies for not clarifying.

I’m talking about the camera’s movement. I’ll edit the OP to clarify. The camera is moving to the left or not moving at all when the mouse moves very slowly to the right.

I see how the wording was confusing.

[quote] When you zoom into first person and move your mouse very slowly to the right, the camera won’t move at all or it will move slowly to the left instead. I imagine it must make sniping a pain for people who like that kind of stuff.

The bug always happens for me. It happens on the main site. I first noticed it about a month ago on one of the gametests and I posted it in the gametest forum thinking it would be seen and dealt with. It might be older or younger than that, though, because I don’t normally go into first person mode. [/quote]

I think I ran into the thing myself a few days ago, but I couldn’t reproduce it anywhere except on my machine at the HQ.
What mouse do you have?

1 Like

Logitech M510

Aha! I have a Logitech G500 here, which is pretty similar to yours. Now this is starting to make sense…

Does the problem go away if you guys toggle the Hardware mouse option in Studio?

That sounds like acceleration problem. Well try using hardware mouse option and in control panel>Mouse>Pointer options untick “Enhance pointer precision”, which is basically weird name for mouse acceleration. It takes a bit to get used to it, but I actually enjoy having mouse move at same speed, no matter how fast or slow I move it.