Mouse Lock on mobile devices?

I have an old script that I found that enables mouse lock on mobile the button is pressed. It works, but players that have it enabled look like they are having a seizure. I looked up Camera.CoordinateFrame and saw that it is deprecated and that Camera.CFrame should be used instead. How would I use CFrame to get the same effect that this has?

lockButton.Visible = userInputService.TouchEnabled

lockButton.MouseButton1Click:Connect(function()
	if not locked then
		local character = player.Character
		local humanoidRootPart = character.HumanoidRootPart

locked = true

while locked do
			local p = workspace.CurrentCamera.CoordinateFrame.lookVector * 999

humanoidRootPart.CFrame = CFrame.new(humanoidRootPart.Position, Vector3.new(p.X, humanoidRootPart.Position.Y, p.Z))

runService.RenderStepped:Wait()
		end
	else
		locked = false
	end
end)

WorkingShiftLockMobile.rbxm (3.3 KB)

Insert as file… (StarterGui)

Can I just copy the bottom part with the RenderStepped if I don’t care about the icon and things?

Ok⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

lockButton.Visible = userInputService.TouchEnabled

lockButton.MouseButton1Click:Connect(function()
	if not locked then
		local character = player.Character
		local humanoidRootPart = character.HumanoidRootPart

locked = true

runService:BindToRenderStep("ShiftLock", Enum.RenderPriority.Camera.Value + 1, function()
			if not locked then
				return
			end

local camera = workspace.CurrentCamera
			local offset = CFrame.new(1.75, 0, 0)

userGameSettings.RotationType = Enum.RotationType.CameraRelative

if camera then
				if (camera.Focus.Position - camera.CFrame.Position).Magnitude >= 0.99 then
					camera.CFrame = camera.CFrame * offset
					camera.Focus = CFrame.fromMatrix(camera.Focus.Position, camera.CFrame.RightVector, camera.CFrame.UpVector) * offset
				end
			end
		end)
	else
		locked = false
	end
end)

It works, thanks!

This usually happens because as the player is moving, roblox doesn’t exclude the joystick on mobile devices, so roblox thinks your aiming at the joystick, when your actually moving, one way to fix this problem is to make a Mobile-Shiftlock system, where it forces the mouse to be in the middle.

one example of this happening is from the endorsed models that roblox released ages ago:
[Endorsed Model]

The script I just posted seems to work fine, I pushed the update out to my game and players look normal now when using mouse lock on mobile.