Mouse occasionally breaks and doesn't update properly

Occasionally, in studio at least, the mouse will straight up break and not properly update. In this state, it seems to only update when reentering the viewport and when clicking/holding mouse buttons. When it happens in studio, it persists until your restart studio. To my knowledge this started happening yesterday.

Here’s what the bug looks like in action. The output on the right shows the current Vector2 returned by UserInputService:GetMouseLocation():

I’m not quite sure what causes it, but I have had it happen almost immediately after starting a play solo session that was a baseplate with a seat and a proximity prompt. No clue if the objects are related or not.

18 Likes

I’ve been also dealing with this since last night. Mouse seemingly only updates on mouse click events.

5 Likes

Here’s a video of what I’m currently experiencing on my end:

2 Likes

Quick update, this issue also appears to occur in studio as well

1 Like

I have this issue too! For me it seems like every time an auto save happens, the mouse starting to have this problem.

2 Likes

this issue also seems to not update the mouse when you attempt to grab an object.
It also shouldn’t be a computer issue, its on robloxs end. Once you update studio to the latest, mouse breaks.

2 Likes

I also have this issue and this is very annoying while testing. (At least in my end.)

2 Likes

I also experience this. Really annoying when making my own interface. Why no response ???

1 Like

I have only experienced this issue in studio once yesterday but I was able to fix it really quick by restarting studio.

I’ve never seen it happen in an actual game though.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ll investigate and follow up with updates.

6 Likes

Having the same bug too even in new places and restarting studio but fixed after a couple times of restarting it.

1 Like

Also struggling with this

1 Like

I am also dealing with this ever since Release Note 610 came out.

1 Like

This should be fixed

Just going to go ahead and mark this issue as being fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.