Mouse cursor acting weird when play-testing in Roblox studio

When I play-test my game, I expect my mouse to be normal, the “normal” I am saying is that
my Actual mouse and Roblox’s client mouse synchronize, which means when i move my real life mouse,
my roblox client mouse moves same.

But Instead, mouse acts weird, Roblox’s client mouse doesn’t move with my actual mouse, and instead it just stays
in place until i left-click somewhere.
( the Roblox’s client mouse teleports into my actual mouse position when I left click my real mouse. )

Also, When I use shift-lock while play-testing, shift-locking doesn’t lock my mouse, my mouse isn’t CenterLocked.
so shift-locking literally doesn’t do anything.

The weird thing is that the roblox client mouse and my actual mouse synchronizes when I first open the Roblox studio
and open a place ( any place ).
but after leaving that first place and opening second place, it starts not synchronizing.

And sometimes first opening a place still doesn’t synchronize my actual mouse and roblox mouse.

• This bug only happens in Roblox Studio. ( doesn’t happen in roblox player or website or something other )
  • This bug happened after February 1~2. ( I’m not very sure about the date of start. but It started recently )
  • “Roblox client mouse” I am saying is the mouse that changes icon when selecting part, changes icon when shift-lock is enabled, Basically default mouse of Roblox.

The picture above is the problem I am currently experiencing.
Mouse cursor at the top-left is Roblox client mouse.
and Mouse cursor at the bottom-right is Actual mouse.

As you can see, there are two mouse cursors at the same time, They aren’t synchronized.
And This problem is kinda annoying because Roblox just can’t recognize my mouse, so shift-locking doesn’t work, setting my mouse’s Behaviour to CenterLocked also doesn’t work.

The video was short because the limit was 10 MB and i didn’t know how to use other websites to upload video.

The video showed :

• Mouse not getting synchronized ( not moving correctly )
  • Shift-lock not working

Also roblox Mouse sometimes teleported to my actual mouse, It was actually on purpose, and That was because to show what happens when I left-click, or right-click.

9 Likes

Hi, I just filed a fix for this and hopefully you will see it next Wednesday. Unfortunately there does not appear to be a way for us to fix this remotely like we often can.

8 Likes

Followup, we found a temporary workaround: If you always close the window and open a fresh window when opening a different place this should avoid the issue.

The issue specifically occurs when you close a place and open a subsequent place in the same Studio window. The first place you open will work normally but the mouse updates while hovering will break in subsequent places you open in the same Studio window.

3 Likes

Hi,

I think this also affects the Terrain Editor. Usually the shape will follow your mouse, however it doesn’t follow it unless you are actively holding MB1 down, making it hard to align terrain. Will this fix terrain editor as well? Thanks.

1 Like

I seem to have this issue and also an issue where my mouse is completely invisible only in studio play-test

1 Like

I have this same issue except the Roblox Studio cursor is completely invisible, I only see the Windows cursor.

1 Like

Experiencing this issue rn :pensive: :wilted_flower:

2 Likes

@anthlons @TheReal4Cedar123 @DEVLocalPlayer @Rexiler1

We reverted something that fixes this on Windows and probably fixes it on Mac.

After restarting Studio could you let us know whether this is fixed and if not what platform you’re on (OS + Version)?

5 Likes

Everything seems to be working now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Works flawlessly, thank you :+1:

Thank you! Now it works even if I rejoin the game on same roblox studio session.

Everything seems to be working correctly, thanks!

1 Like

Works perfectly fine than before

1 Like

@tnavarts I have something like this (even after the patch), but it only occurs in first person, where the mouse doesn’t lock and attempting to drag the camera with right-click simply just snaps the camera closer to the cursor position.

(2024-02-12 13-12-25.mp4 - Google Drive)

What’s your Roblox Studio version?

Do you experience this in the desktop client or only in Roblox Studio?

Sorry for not saying in my original post:

Studio Version: 0.611.0.6110432 (latest)
This bug only is experienced in Studio (Any game)

Could you hold out for this Wednesday’s release (0.612.*) and update me again once you’ve gotten it? If you’re still experiencing it on that release we’d have to debug further but it may get resolved.

fine with me. i’m starting to think it might be something with Windows 11 though, because I used Roblox Studio Mod Manager to switch back through 610-605 (only ones I tested) and all of those had the same problem. so i’ll be seeing if windows 10 works fine

update: after switching to windows 10, the problem still occurs :stuck_out_tongue:

2nd update: the same issue still occurs on 0.612

1 Like