Move "Show Navigation Mesh" out of Settings

As a Roblox developer, it is currently inconvenient to toggle navigation mesh visualization in studio. Presently, we have to open up the studio settings and toggle the “Show Navigation Mesh” checkbox to see if a doorway, jump-able gap, etc. is mapped.

While this isn’t necessarily difficult, and I wouldn’t even mind if I could resume working with the settings window open (but it forces focus), it’d be far more convenient to just click a button or hit a keystroke to toggle the mesh on/off much like how the constraints/weld visualizer was done.

Some might ask, “why not just leave it on?” which isn’t off the table, but I’d prefer to build without the purple overlay and arrows all over the place. If not a keystroke, at least having a button somewhere on the ribbon would be a great quality of life improvement.

I would suggest the “Settings” section under “View”. It’d be right at home next to the other overlay type settings.

20 Likes

Yes. It’s especially annoying since I have to go through a whole dialog box warning me my settings might not change unless I restart studio.

1 Like

I’m super into it! Awesome request!

5 Likes

Good suggestion. This would be very convenient in games that heavily depend on the navmesh. More generally, we need a debug visualization menu to house and provide easy access to all the immediately useful visualizations (like decomposition geometry).

3 Likes